“Just what I expect from Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
All American City
“Just what I expect from Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hampton because after much research I found it to be the most economical and it was close to the metro, which makes getting around the Arlington, Alexandria, and Washington, DC areas amazingly easy! The hotel provides a shuttle to the metro, but my husband and I decided to walk; it's about a block away...maybe a 5 minute walk with street crossings. The room was very comfortable and clean! We had a small refrigerator and a microwave and a sink in our room with a small coffee pot. Coffee was available 24/7 down in the lobby and everyday the front desk put out cookies. The pool was refreshing. The only thing I would suggest for this location is a hot tub / whirlpool because after a long day of walking, it would be great to sit and have my feet massaged by the jets of a hot tub. Parking was available in a parking garage for $15 a day, which is very reasonable for this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn on King St in Old Town Alexandria, but had to make last-minute arrangements and was surprised to find the Hampton Inn by National/Crystal City metro was relatively cheap ($129). The hotel seemed clean and the staff was ok (not very friendly, but not mean, so that is "ok" in DC). I called earlier in the day to ask about the shuttle from the metro to the hotel and the lady said to just call when I get to the station, they are only 5 minutes away. So, I call when I arrive and the lady says it will be at least 20 minutes--folks at the airport always get priority (she didn't offer that, but it was clear when the shuttle arrived). When I got to the hotel I asked for a toothbrush and toothpaste, but they did not have brushes available, so they said they would send one up. Except they never did. I also requested a room on a high floor and was put on the 3rd floor. Finally, there was no hot water in the morning, which is really what prompted me to write this review. A few minor things can add up. I'd probably stay at Old Town and pay the extra next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just returned from 3 nights visiting the DC area. We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and that is was walking distance to the Metro. The rooms were clean, breakfast was great. Very crowded but it was a holiday week. We would take our breakfast up to our room to eat. The room we stayed in had 2 full size beds (a little small for 2 teenage boys, but they figured it out), a refrigerator and microwave. It was also right near Crystal City shops and restaurants. I would stay here again if we were ever in the area. The front desk was very nice and helpful. The breakfast crew always kept everything stocked and hot, were very polite trying to navigate through all the people trying to get breakfast. There was a pool, we didn't use it so I can't say how it was. We were too tired from walking around to do anything.

Room Tip: If you have teenagers you may want to get the King Suite with sofa bed and request a roll away bed...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy staying here. The hotel is close to the Crystal City Metro Station, and within easy walking distance of just about everything I need/want when in DC. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean and modern. The breakfast buffet has plenty of options and the young ladies are quick to keep it restocked...especially during the height of tourist season! I stay here whenever I can get a reservation.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is lokated in a very nice area in Arlington near Washington D.C just 4 subway station from the Mall area. The subway station is very close and the area is full with resturants. Facilities are well kept, looks new and updated. Service could be better. Front dest are usually helpfull but not always very nice. When we arrived we were informed that the one bedroom suite reserved is not available due to"a problem with the computer". We than we're given the small junior suit which isn't enough for two parents and two teenagers.
Room tip-the two double room is the best for 4 persons since the sofa bed is very small and not comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Could not actually fault this hotel.

Airport shuttle service was efficient and easy. All staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful beyond expectation. We stayed for 5 days in a 1 bedroom king suite which was large, clean and tidy.

The buffet breakfast was excellent and plenty of it, providing both hot and cold selections. There was a great variety with some different offerings each day.

Location was perfect for us as we wanted to stay out of the DC area but still have easy access every day. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the metro station which goes directly into DC. There are also plenty of great inexpensive restaurants close by and a number of convenience stores.

There were a couple of school groups staying while we were there but hardly noticed really except at breakfast but staff handled the breakfast rush very efficiently.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton for a week. This hotel is in a fantastic location, but certainly lacking in some respects. Firstly, the staff was excellent. They were all very friendly and helpful and had no issues with them whatsoever. The largest problems were the facility itself. The rooms have in wall/window AC which makes the street noise very loud in our room which was 1 from the top floor. The AC itself was quite noisy too. The beds were not up to the standard I expect with a Hampton. They were OK, but certainly not as nice as the other hamptons I've stayed in. They just felt "old". The room was very clean though.

The breakfast in the Morning was OK, but the room was always VERY crowded. It was so crowded every day I saw people come down, look at the crowd and just leave. I know there was a girl scouts convention at the time which certainly added to the crowds, but even later the next week it was still super busy even after the massive convention. This facility needs a larger breakfast area if it's the norm. Also, the furniture in the breakfast area was terrible. They were worn out to the point of embarrassingly bad and have lots of stains. The chairs were becoming concave on the seats because they were so old. They really need to be replaced badly. The carpets/wallpaper have also seen a lot of years and just look terribly worn out and even peeling away in some places.

The only sub-par experience was getting picked up at the airport with the shuttle. Even though when I called for the pick up they said he'd be there in less than 10 minutes (the hotel is quite literally 5 minutes away at most). I had to call back 30 minutes later to make sure we didn't miss him, and they said he'd still be another 20 minutes. However, the driver was very friendly and helpful, so I think he was just busy. It would have been nice to know ahead of time so we wouldn't of had to stand outside at the curb for almost an hour at 10PM.

However, the location in Crystal City is super and the convenient dining and metro connections are hard to beat. I just think that next time I'll probably try a different hotel, which is a shame.

Room Tip: Might want to avoid the Jefferson Davis highway side due to traffic noise.
Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!