“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Missouri
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights during the work-week for business. This hotel is very nice, very busy, has a great inclusive breakfast, and is centrally located to public transportation for travel into the downtown area. Most of the interactions I had with staff were friendly and helpful, and they did not seem rushed or distracted, and seemed to handle the volume of guests well. Also, I cannot say enough nice things about the shuttle driver - we used the shuttle once to go to Pentagon City Mall - and he was great. The rooms were standard Hampton Inn rooms with standard Hampton amenities. That's the great thing about the Hampton brand: you can always know what to expect. My one tip for rooms would be to be sure not to be on a floor with tour groups/big family groups. On our 3rd night, there was a lot of running/yelling on our floor, until at least midnight. I will say that I wish that the front desk staff had better listening skills and was a little more knowledgeable about things/directions in the area. Upon arrival, we had clearly taken the "long" way to the hotel from the metro and when we asked the staff for a better route they sent us the same way. The next morning when I left for my meeting I asked again, and was told to leave out the back door and thus, only have to cross 2 streets to get to the metro. Make sure you do this and avoid playing frogger across multiple intersections with multiple islands. On that same note, we asked for a suggestion for pizza delivery for dinner and the staff really couldn't suggest anything other than Papa John's pizza. Fortunately I had yelp on my phone and was able to find a fantastic place to order in that was super reasonable (Brick's Pizza - you won't be disappointed). Finally upon departure from this hotel, we moved to another hotel that was closer to Dulles, as we had an early morning flight the next day. The train line was being worked on and traveling by train/bus/train/motorcoach seemed tedious so we decided to look into cab/car service options. When I asked the front desk just a ballpark of how much it would be to get to Chantilly, by Dulles airport, I was told $70. OK fine. I expected that. She then told me that a car service would charge less, would be a flat fee, and would be nicer. She called a car service and told him we wanted to go to Dulles, and I said repeatedly, Chantilly. So, when when the car came, which was very nice and we were told $70 - but by that time we just wanted to go; we were already on the highway and he was ready to take us to DULLES, at which point I told him I had told the girl at the front desk, CHANTILLY.....at which point he increased our fare by $15. We ended up paying $100 (including tip, so $85) for a trip that according to the girl who made our reservation, should have cost us less than $70. What really stinks about this is that my lasting impression of this hotel is based upon having to pay $30 more than I expected for a trip to CHANTILLY, not DULLES. When traveling you are in a position to trust the people at the front desk of your hotel to steer you in the right direction for things, and unfortunately this was not one of those times. The difference in fare would not have changed my mind, but it would have been nice to know, as I was expensing the transporation. So, this hotel overall is really nice and the price is right so I expect I will stay here again sometime, but my lesson learned is do your homework before you inquire about a service from the front desk.

Room Tip: Get a room on a floor without tour groups, and if you're walking to the metro, leave out of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Medusa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We found the hotel was perfect. The location was excellent...right near the metro and restaurants. The continental breakfast was filling, the indoor pool was a bonus, and the rooms were comfy, clean, and quiet. The secure parking was $15 per day, which is a real value for the area. The price of the rooms was very reasonable, and the staff was helpful and friendly. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to DC.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- the staff, the staff the staff. We arrived to check in Very early with our19 month old twins. The manager sent housekeeping to our room to clean it. 15 mins later we were in our room.
- one morning there wre no bananas. The manager, who walks through the dining room, made sure that when the food order arrived, she brought us a bunch of bananas.
- Peter, the general manager, called us about an hour after check in to make sure that the room was ok, the cribs were there, etc
- there was not a single interaction with staff that wasn't amazing. I CANNT say enough good things about that aspect of this hotel
- rooms are standard Hampton inn - clean and comfortable
- location is awesome. Right off the metro (two blocks)

Cons:
- breakfast area is small
- bathroom very small (but it is an urban hotel)

Overall I cannot be happier that I decided to stay in this hotel. I am beyond impressed by the staff and their attitudes and helpfulness and to me that goes a very long way.

Stayed April 2012
Heath, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We recently stayed here while visiting DC and really loved it! Location great-short walk to Metro. Rooms nice and comfy beds. Staff very friendly and helpful! I would reccomend this place to anyone traveling to Washington. Great value for room and parking only $15/night.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We have just returned to the UK after a four night stay at the Hamptin Inn in Crystal City and whilst fighting off jet lag just had to write to congratulate all the staff for the stellar job they do at this hotel. Everything is perfect, the service, the rooms, the cleanliness,the breakfast and of course the price!!! We travelled extensively this trip but it is this hotel that stood out, thank you all for making our visit to DC unforgettable....

Ider, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel was a great stay for us! Very clean and nice, friendly staff and great breakfast every morning...our room was at the end of the hall and very quiet and comfortable. Wonderful location, quick walk to the Metro and lots of restaurants nearby. Free shuttle to and from Reagan National...would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hall away from elevators and vending...very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Burley, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here March 21-28, 2012. This was a spring break trip for our family (mom, dad, daughter 17 and son 14). The shuttle driver picked us up promptly from the airport and was friendly, helpful and welcomed us. Front desk staff checked us in quickly and we were on our way to our room. There was a considerable amount of remodeling going on on our floor the entire time we were there, but it was not a bother. We loved the breakfast! So many choices and something different every day. The Hotel Manager walked around the breakfast area most of the days we were there and personally greeted each and every guest. She seemed genuinely interested, it was awesome! Breakfast staff friendly and efficient. Hotel conveniently located near Metro stop (an easy 1 1/2 block walk). Kids loved the pool and the warm cookies every afternoon. Mom and Dad loved the 24 hour coffee. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff did a great job as well. No complaints whatsoever about this property. We highly recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!