“Doesn't look like much BUT....” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 676 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: African
Ireland
“Doesn't look like much BUT....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a delicious spot to eat. We live very local and I absolutely love it. The one drawback strangely is a loud buzz off a refrigerator in the dining area! Staff are lovely and the food is excellent and not expensive. I would highly recommend (there's a spicy carrot dish that is cold that is YUM)

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Unassuming from the outside, authentic from the inside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband has a knack for picking the best little "Mom and Pop" ethnic restaurants that one would normally not look at twice from the outside. He looked at their menu online, saw that it was supposed to be the oldest authentic Tunisian food in the country, and it ended up exceeding our expectations.
The service was attentive and the waitress unusually kind hearted and sweet. The food itself was prepared very well with the right combination of spices and foods that complimented each other well. The complementary mint tea was excellent.

My husband had the Tunisian chicken soup which was excellent, and we shared the Breek Appetizer which is a phyllo dough with tuna, potatoes, eggs and capers. Also excellent. I had the Mediterranean Salad which was very good, along with the Musli which was so good my husband wants to order it next time. The chicken breast was very tender as were the potatoes. The rice was good, the sauce excellent. A side order of their pita bread went well with it. My husband said the Lablabi stew was very good. We had two of their pastries which were excellent. My husband also had a lamb sausage which was excellent. Our friend had the chicken soup also,which he liked, a sampling of ours, the pastries and a good sandwich. The price was very good for food of this quality. Portions were very reasonable, and we all went away pleasantly full for quite a few hours.
We have had many other ethic foods including Moraccan. Tunisian food has its own unique taste that we love.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“Good food for your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We love that little place. Does not look much from the outside but often, it is where you find gem! The couscous is fantastic. I had the vegies couscous and my hubby had the lamb couscous. Both were fantastic. Big portion, good flavor, good price! Also good as take-out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Very authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place looks like a little hole-in-the-wall joint that normally I wouldn't give a second thought to, but I decided to try it after reading the review on here. I was pleasantly surprised. The service was good, the atmosphere ok, but the food was great and very authentic. The prices were very reasonable too (I paid $8 for a dinner). I highly recommend this place if you want to try good, authentic, and reasonable priced food in the Arlington area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We tried this restaurant after reading some previous reviews. The food was good: we shared the Brika as an appetizer and it was very tasty. My husband had a Lablabi and I had the grilled lamb chops with rice and salad. Both dishes were flavorful and cooked properly. However, it appears the prices have gone up from previous reviews. The service was quite poor, as both of us had drunk all our water and had to flag down the only waitress. They do not serve any alcoholic beverages.
But they do have a hookah!

• Visited November 2012