“Awesome food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: African
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We both had couscous, and it was wonderful. The portions are big and the food is dull of flavor. The service was excellent. Mohammed was our server and he answered all questions and did not let our cups get empty. If you are near you must go.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We find several places to eat using Trip Advisor, and this is one of our best finds yet! I had the Taste of Tunisia Couscous. It was amazing. I would ask for it to be a little spicier next time, but the flavor was excellent. Our waiter, Muhammed, was fantastic. We will only be I can the area for a couple of days, but I'm sure this isn't our last visit to Taste of Tunisia!!

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wanted to try something new, and was not disappointed. The food was reminiscent of Greek and Persian foods-- fresh and very flavorful. The staff was friendly and helpful, explaining what the dishes were. It's a colorful, small restaurant with interesting decorations. There were hookahs on the windowsill, which may or may not be used on the premises. If so, I would think twice about eating there while they are being used, but I would order take-out next time I go to Arlington.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Big bowl of Lablabi will cure anything I think.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We found Taste of Tunisia on restaurant.com for our visit to Arlington. Appetizer Tunisia Trio (my works) contained a large phyllo triangle with a raw egg inside that was then baked (I assumed). I will be trying this at home. Along with the phyllo, a mash of carrots very lighly spiced and a mash of eggplant. Server (lovely man) said this was "hot", which we like. Hot was an understatement. This will blow your head completely off if you do not eat the accompanying bread with it!! I ordered the lemonade. Do not miss this, what I can only describe as "mystical fluid". The lemonade appeared viscous and pale yellow. The taste was thicker than very liquid lemonade, but I absolutely could not figure out what is was, agar agar perhaps? The flavor was lemon, but lighter and not at all tart but not sweet either. After 2 glasses, I still could not figure this out. My husband ordered the lamb chops, thin but packed with flavor. I had the Lablabi. The bowl was 1/2 size of human head. This chickpea stew was nothing short of amazing. The server instructed me to toss the fresh soft bread into the stew before eating. The bread held its shape for longer than I expected in the brown broth. The chickpeas were cooked to barely holding their shape as was the garlic cloves, which dissolved on your tongue. Tomatoes, spices and other ingredients made for an absolutely wonderful bowl of goodness.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, VA
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have never had Tunisian food before and. hence, we had not been in this restaurant before. We had the Omek Hourija appetizer and were really impressed. It is mashed carrots mixed with olive oil and spices, and served with the Tunisian mlawi bread which is very, very thin and very, very tasty. If my mother had only made this when I was a child! Yum! We could have made a meal of it. However, I ordered the Couscous Taste of Tunisia with Lamb and my wife ordered the Couscous with Lamb. The former comes with Merguez, a spicy lamb sausage which is excellent and somewhat like Soujok from Lebanon. The dishes are flavored with harissa, a spicy sauce from that area. The dishes had a large chunk of carrot, some eggplant, chick peas, cabbage, and perhaps some other goodies. The couscous is on the bottom. What a delight! The place is small, ten tables, but comfortable. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They seemed genuinely glad that we were there (unlike so many restaurants). This may have been our first trip to this restaurant, but it won’t be the last.

• Visited August 2012