“Warning: items stolen from room” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Atlanta, GA
“Warning: items stolen from room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

While a registered guest at this Comfort Inn, a shopping bag was removed from my room by housekeeping. It was reported missing immediately and returned 48 hours later with items stolen. Management (Mr. Vohra and Mr. Cahlas) offered apologies but refused to reimburse the value of the stolen items or offer any retribution. Customer Relations for Choice Hotels International refused to become involved, deferring to the independently owned property. Subsequent calls and emails have not been answered by Mr. Vohra. Customer satisfaction and respect is obviously of the lowest priority. Beware of staying at this hotel. You will not have the support of management or headquarters in resolving any disputes. We learned a hard lesson and are extremely disappointed in Choice Hotels and the Comfort Inn Pentagon. Shame on Mr. Suvah Vohra and Mr. Rodrigo Cahlas for unethical treatment of "guests" and lack of personal integrity.

• Liked — Carlos at front desk was efficient, personable, honest and hard working.
  • Disliked — Items stolen from room. Zero support from management. No cooperation from Corporate.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bar Harbor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Surprisingly shopworn and shabby. We needed a night near Reagan National Airport for a night that was virtually sold out all around the area. The best we could find available was a room at the Comfort Inn Pentagon, with 2 double beds, for a AAA rate of $161.10. At about $50, this room would have been a decent value; at the sum we paid, we would not have expected so much wear and tear in both public areas and the room----worn rugs, scratched sinks and walls, thin towels with lots of pulled threads, even a missing top knob on our ice bucket. Staff was nice, shuttle service was fine and breakfast was adequate, but the place needs an overhaul to warrant prices in the triple digits, even in the D.C. area. Thankfully, it was clean---no roach motel feeling to it, so don't be afraid of staying here if it's your only choice, but don't be expecting a honeymoon hotel either.

Stayed April 2008
Columbus, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Warning to groups planning to use this Comfort Inn at the Pentagon for your trip to Washington D.C. The management devotes A LOT more time to collecting your payments in advance than they do in maintaining the property. I am a tour operator from Ohio who recently booked 25 rooms for (2) nights. (1) of the two evevators was broken for our entire stay, several of the ice machines were inoperable (causing students to wander to other floors for ice), the chair in my room was so dirty that the arms were blackened, several rooms were given no towels, one room had mildew in the sleeping area and the girls who stayed in room 409 came home with bites...we can't confirm 100% where they got them....but they all stayed in the same room. The public areas are well worn and the outside of the property is unkept. The kicker was the broken down hotel shuttle van in the parking lot with a flat tire and a Best Western sign on it!! Very Classy!!

The students were charged $139/night for a $69/hotel. Way overpriced and unkept. Too bad because they have a great location.

We will not be using the Comfort Inn Pentagon for any future groups. The management is very good at collecting money, not so good at mantaining a hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor property presentation, cleanliness and general upkeep.
  • Stayed March 2008
Palo Alto, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

The Comfort Inn provided a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price for the area. The staff was friendly and helpful. English was not their primary language but there was no problem with communications. All fixtures of the room worked ok; the bathroom was clean, the TV and heater worked ok. Wireless internet worked one night ok but did not work the next. Breakfast, included in the room cost, was cold cereal, muffins and donuts, a self-serve waffle maker, fruit and drinks. A hot breakfast was available at extra cost. The in-house restaurant had a limited menu of inexpensive items. The food was satisfactory for the price. There were very few people in the restaurant during our stay so the service was very personal.

Shuttle service to the nearby Metro station was nominally every half-hour or every hour, depending on the time of day. It was not always on time. Shuttle service to the Reagan National Airport was also available but it was unclear whether it was scheduled or on-call; we called from the airport when we arrived and shuttle was sent for us.

The Hotel is immediately adjacent to a Best Western. The hotels are under the same ownership and some of the staff were seen working at both hotels.

The Hotel was nothing fancy, but considering the cost it was a good value.

• Liked — inexpensive
  • Disliked — not close to tourist desitinations
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chesapeake, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Pentagon 8/6-9/07. The hotel was OK. The room was clean, though the comforter had a small stain on it, but I could live with that.

The continental breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff was nice. We ate dinner there one night. I had broiled salmon, which was moist and tasty.

The best part of my stay was the free shuttle to the Airport and/or Metro station at Pentagon City. The Pentagon City metro stop has a huge, 4 level mall. Lots and lots of eateries and nice places to shop. I believe the shuttle's last run from the Metro is around 9:30p or 10p. During this late run, sometimes the van fills up quickly, so you may have to wait for about 15 minutes or so until the driver returns.

I would stay there again.

• Liked — free metro shuttle
  • Disliked — nothing within walking distance (i.e. 7-11s, quick marts, etc)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
salem, or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I recently booked a room at the Comfort Inn Pentagon in Arlington, VA. I went through Expedia Corporate as I always do, but when I arrived I was told I could not earn customer loyalty points because I booked through Expedia. This was a first to me as I am a frequent guest of Choice Hotels (3-5 nights per month) and have always booked at Expedia. The only reason I choose the hotel was it was a Choice Hotel and to be told "no loyalty points" began a very terrible hotel experience. I travel frequently and have stayed at all classes of hotels. This was most definitely my worst experience.

The room temperature was difficult to control, which makes things very uncomforatable in the humid June weather. The water both smelled and tasted very metallic. I got out of the shower smelling worse then when I went in and was unable to drink any water in the room. The room was also very run down, which normally does not bother me but this room also was not clean. The bathtub had a ring and I found myself wearing my shoes into the shower. EWWWWW!!!!

I tried both with Expedia and Choice Hotels to cancel the reservation and go to another hotel. Although, they insist they have a 100% satisfaction gaurantee, I was forced to maintain the reservation and paid the full rate. Because I received no assistance whatsoever from Choice Hotel's "Customer Relations" Dept, nor no effort to correct the situation from the employee staff, I will never stay at another Choice Hotel again.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — The poor water quality
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

We could not have been more pleased with our hotel stay at Comfort Inn at the Pentagon. My husband and I, with our 4 kids, stayed in one of their suites for 4 nights. The room was nice and big, the beds comfortable and the breakfast plentiful and good!!!

We had no trouble with their shuttle services and didn't have to wait long for them when leaving the hotel or waiting to be picked up! Before booking here, I read the reviews and some had mixed reviews about the place. Because of that, I almost did not book at this hotel, but believe me, I AM SO VERY GLAD THAT WE DID!!!

• Liked — friendly, helpful staff, great breakfast buffet, and nice bedroom
  • Disliked — wasn't anything that we didn't like
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!