“Very good value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very good value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The location was good, the price for DC was very good. They had free parking, free Wi-Fi and a very good free breakfast. The rooms look like they were very recently renovated. New flat screen TVs, very comfortable beds, granite counter tops, coffee maker in a seperate sink outside the bathroom, desk and chair for computing, microwave and refrigerator, quiet rooms. A bargain at 90 bucks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Midland, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend and I just can't explain how poorly this hotel is operated & managed.

To start off, location seems close on the map; however, there isn't a street that will take you directly to pentagon city. You have to rely on Arlington Bus #87/X or hotel shuttle which runs from 6am until 10pm.
The shuttle; however, isn't your best bet.
They leave hotel every 30mins from 6-8 and 4-6pm, rest hours every hour interval.
If you're at the metro station and call for the hotel shuttle, they either tell you we don't have a shuttle or they say its coming, but you have to wait 20 mins in the shivering cold weather to get picked up.
I had to take a cab multiple times costing $10 from metro city. Some travelers do have earlier flights; for instance, at 5 in the morning. Well, don't rely on the hotel because they will never drop you off. You're on your own. Expect to pay $18-$20 cab fare to Reagan National. Cab has credit card machine but they don't work so, take cash with ya.

Front desk service. Poor. I dealt with four clerks and one working at night seem decent. Rest just need to get retrained in the customer service.

Housekeeping. Very dirty. They seem to do minimal work in the room. First night, I couldn't stop scratching my back. Noticed that blankets were dirty. It Seemed to me that housekeepers are lacking in judgement.
Also, there was only 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner for two guests.

Room condition. Not very good. Water pressure in the shower/tub very weak. They must have .5-1" plumbing pipes. Furnitures were outdated. Pillows weren't comfortable. Remodeling is recommended.

Breakfast. The hotel issues you breakfast pass at check-in. I thought there must be a fabulous dish on their breakfast menu. Well, my own experience sucks! Waffles no good, I don't know what brand they are using. They have a cream cheese but it was in its little container, not Philadelphia brand. Pastries not a good choice. The hotel give you a pass so that they can keep track of how many guests are eating and to keep operating cost low. Breakfast is operated by hotel restaurant (different owner) than building owner. Breakfast attendant not a friendly person.

I know I am not gong to stay at this property because of poor service, poor room condition, poor amenities.

• Stayed February 2013
Chateauguay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked here mainly for the closeness to DC and the shuttle to metro station. On the good side, the staff is extremely amicable, kudos to them! All nice and in good spirits. Room was clean. Location was excellent. On the downside, heavy odor of cigarette in the hallway. Some maintenace to be done (wall paper peeling off in some areas). If the Business Centre was a real business, it's would be on the verge of bankruptcy. All in all a good value for the price, if you don't mind the few perks mentioned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairmont, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after searching for a hotel that was moderately priced, yet comfortable, modern and attractive near Georgetown. This can be a challenge in this area especially at certain times of the year. A quick drive over the Key Bridge and we found the Comfort Inn with relative ease. Also, a challenge in the DC area. (The only slight problem is that it is "hiding" behind the Best Western. A minor hitch, only on checking in.) The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions on transportation (there is a shuttle to the Metro.) The rooms were clean and comfortable and attractive. I would recommend losing the outdated quilted spreads, though. They have a nice breakfast every morning and it was crowded each day. The staff was pleasant and helpful our entire stay. I enjoyed returning to our room and spending time there something you cannot always say about some places. The beds were comfortable and I slept well, which is unusual for me. There is ample, convenient parking. Easy access to highways. Next visit to our son, we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed her for 7 nights as we made our way around Washington DC. We liked that the hotel was so convenient to Metro transit to get to popular sites. There is the convenience of a hotel shuttle to the Metro but a short drive to Crystal City gets you to a beautiful mega shopping center/restaurant area where you can park and stay inside while walking to the Metro station to Washington and shop and stop to eat on your way back to your car.
The staff at this Hotel is great-friendly and helpful. This is a Comfort Inn-you have to remember that. Typical breakfast. We didn't come to this area to spend a lot of time in a hotel room so we were pleased with our experience at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband stayed here for 5 nights while attending a conference. He forgot an item in his room (with meds) and called that evening after arriving home. The hotel desk person had the item and promised that it would be shipped to us the next morning and sent overnight (at our expense) . That was 10 days ago and we have not received the item. I called 2 days ago and the desk person gave me a tracking number - when I went to track it, it's not a valid number. Today, the desk person was unable to help me and said the only one who can help is the manager who is not there today.

Although the hotel was adequae, this lack of service/responsivnes is inexcusable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. It was represented to us at the time of reservations by a Mr. Canlas that the hotel had undergone a multimillion dollar renovation. That is FALSE!!! The photos Mr. Canlas forwarded to us did not even remotely resemble our room or the hotel. The elevators are horrible. THey are so bad that I reported them to the local authorities.
The rooms were so dirty. The bed sheets were dirty. There was trash piled under the bed. The staff is terrible. The breakfast and the servers are disgusting. They resused to address this situation. I should have relied on the previous reviews about the disreputable business pra ctices of the hotel's owners. They are all accurate based on my ecperience. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!