“Very Good Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Very Good Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

I like this hotel because its a great location, very nice staff the front desk manager Carlos and his front desk staff were extremly helpful and professional. Rooms are very clean and hotel shuttle works very good and on time. The free full breakfast is good

• Stayed February 2012
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I needed to be in Arlington and convenient to I-395. This was centrally located to where I needed to go. Easy to get in and out of once you figure out that you need to drive completely through the seedy looking Best Western parking lot, and behind to reach the Comfort Inn. It was clean, bathroom had a nice big counter, and loved the extra little sink outside bathroom which was a good location for a wet bar. This kept the clutter of ice bucket and coffeemaker from taking up space in bathroom. The chairs were comfortable. Beds and pillows good; and I LOVE a blanket and spread instead of a duvet. It could use a freshup of decor, new wallpaper, carpet, etc.

I was worried when I arrived the first night and saw a bus arrive at the same time; but I never heard a sound both nights I was there. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK, wish they had more fruit than just apples and bananas.

Parking was free and felt like it was safe and well-lighted. For weeknights in DC area, the price is good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
eugene oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The location is horrible. There are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. The shuttle only goes two places and is only scheduled hourly in the middle of the day. (However, in a pinch they did come pick us up outside the schedule.)

By the time we got to the room I was almost ready to change hotels. The hallways were dirty with badly stained carpet, and the wall were dirty and had years of dings and scrapes from equipment and/or luggage. My daughter didn't want to sleep there, and I know it was because she was anxious about the appearance of the hotel in general. The door seemed secure, but there was a gap at the bottom, that allowed me to hear everything going on outside in the hallway. Luckily it was a slow time of the year. Our room was OK, spacious even, and had the largest shower I've ever seen in a hotel, but there were tears in the furniture. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but no silverware or dishes.

For the same price (approx $130) I stayed at three other hotels this trip, including one in Dupont Circle in Washington DC, and they were much nicer in a much better location.

If you are staying here for the shuttle, stay somewhere else within walking distance of the Metro instead. Even with three kids and 4 roll-a-boards, the Metro was very manageable.

Room Tip: Better stay as far from elevators as possible, gaps at bottom of doors, mean you hear everything.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

made the mistake of checking in to the next door best western- a complete disgusting disaster and cancelled to come to the comfort- clean, polite, roomy- perfect for the business traveler of family- 3 miles from d

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed October 4-11 and I can't think of anything bad to say. Room was clean, comfortable, and well-kept. Plenty of food and choices for breakfast for no charge. Shuttle service every 30 or 60 minutes - approximately 2 miles - to Pentagon City subway, which is connected to a large shopping mall with many restaurants. The next time I visit Washington, DC., I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear James_1962_11, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at Comfort Inn Pentagon City in end of July to visit Washington DC. The fact that we got the hotel for $80 a night made it a great place to stay. It offers a great breakfast every morning which includes sausage, eggs, toast, bagel, donut, waffle, juice, milk, yogurt and fruit. It also has a pool, granted that it needs some repair but it was nice for the kids to be able to swim in the summer. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Beside the pool that needs repair, they could use more shuttle buses as it was peak season and sometime we had to wait for the next shuttle bus!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear disneycrazy2, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I just stayed at the Comfort Inn in Pentagon City, Arlington, Virginia. It was the worst stay I've ever had a motel. Considering how nice the surrounding area is. First of all, the location is horrible for a hotel. The area is residential and there are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. You are dependent upon the hotel shuttle and/or a taxi. Taxi's are not readily available unless you call for one a long time in advance. The hotel is rundown and in desparate need of a rennovation. My room wasn't horrible, but the wallpaper had clearly been glued back on and the dirt was unbelievable. Dirty hand prints were left on door jams and walls. But the kicker for me was the cockroaches that were in my room. I contacted the front desk, they put me on hold for several minutes and said they would send up a maintenance man. After 20 minutes he came in and look where I had last saw the roaches and told me he didn't see anything so he couldn't do anything. I guess he planned on just killing them for me and not taking any real action. I know I was not the only one who had roaches, I heard the same complaint from several people. No apology or anything. Unfortunately, I couldn't move to another hotel because everything was booked.

This was the worst experience in a hotel, err, motel I've ever experienced. If you have to stay in that area, check into the Best Western on the same property, apparently it's very clean and updated. Doesn't look it on the outside, but it's nice inside.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless you're open to bringing home some unwanted stow-aways.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear GinaS1107, Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to Comfort Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay.

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!