“stay here- NOT at the Best Western” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Long Island, NY
“stay here- NOT at the Best Western”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

made the mistake of checking in to the next door best western- a complete disgusting disaster and cancelled to come to the comfort- clean, polite, roomy- perfect for the business traveler of family- 3 miles from d

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed October 4-11 and I can't think of anything bad to say. Room was clean, comfortable, and well-kept. Plenty of food and choices for breakfast for no charge. Shuttle service every 30 or 60 minutes - approximately 2 miles - to Pentagon City subway, which is connected to a large shopping mall with many restaurants. The next time I visit Washington, DC., I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear James_1962_11, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at Comfort Inn Pentagon City in end of July to visit Washington DC. The fact that we got the hotel for $80 a night made it a great place to stay. It offers a great breakfast every morning which includes sausage, eggs, toast, bagel, donut, waffle, juice, milk, yogurt and fruit. It also has a pool, granted that it needs some repair but it was nice for the kids to be able to swim in the summer. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Beside the pool that needs repair, they could use more shuttle buses as it was peak season and sometime we had to wait for the next shuttle bus!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear disneycrazy2, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I just stayed at the Comfort Inn in Pentagon City, Arlington, Virginia. It was the worst stay I've ever had a motel. Considering how nice the surrounding area is. First of all, the location is horrible for a hotel. The area is residential and there are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. You are dependent upon the hotel shuttle and/or a taxi. Taxi's are not readily available unless you call for one a long time in advance. The hotel is rundown and in desparate need of a rennovation. My room wasn't horrible, but the wallpaper had clearly been glued back on and the dirt was unbelievable. Dirty hand prints were left on door jams and walls. But the kicker for me was the cockroaches that were in my room. I contacted the front desk, they put me on hold for several minutes and said they would send up a maintenance man. After 20 minutes he came in and look where I had last saw the roaches and told me he didn't see anything so he couldn't do anything. I guess he planned on just killing them for me and not taking any real action. I know I was not the only one who had roaches, I heard the same complaint from several people. No apology or anything. Unfortunately, I couldn't move to another hotel because everything was booked.

This was the worst experience in a hotel, err, motel I've ever experienced. If you have to stay in that area, check into the Best Western on the same property, apparently it's very clean and updated. Doesn't look it on the outside, but it's nice inside.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless you're open to bringing home some unwanted stow-aways.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear GinaS1107, Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to Comfort Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was traveling alone on business and the hotel was everything I could have asked for. The breakfast was good. The room clean and well maintained and the staff was very helpful and kind.
I was glad I had read the reviews so that I knew I had to drive through one parking lot to get to the hotel. The restaurant was nice and the waiters/bartender was very helpful. Next time I need to be in the area, I would certainly stay there and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear travelalone63, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
brooklyn, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague!!!
We arrived at midnight - exhausted.
Person at the front desk - grunted - and declared that he didn't recognize my colleagues old but valid drivers license and proceeded to call the cops.
When we questioned him - the man leapt up and came around the front desk - went right in my face, stayed in my face and verbally threatened me for the next few minutes.
(all this caught on video camera)
Cops came and this psycho tells the police that we're causing trouble and he wants us out.
So at 12:30 we were forced to look for another hotel.
Called the manager the next day and the response we got from the manager was: "Well I have to see the videotape to see whose telling the truth"
As opposed to: "I'm so sorry for your experience. Let me look into this."
Unbelievable!

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear inbrooklyn, Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to Comfort Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My stay at the Comfort Inn, Pentagon City was a satisfying experience. The staff was courteous, kind and willing to assist. Carlos and the front dest staff went above and beyond with service excellence. They acknowledged every request without hesitation or delay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Vera R, Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are committed to delivering industry leading service. Carlos and his staff are a great example of this. We look forward to accommodating you again at Comfort Inn Pentagon.

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!