“Nothing fancy, but a satisfactory stay near Washington D.C.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Palo Alto, CA
“Nothing fancy, but a satisfactory stay near Washington D.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

The Comfort Inn provided a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price for the area. The staff was friendly and helpful. English was not their primary language but there was no problem with communications. All fixtures of the room worked ok; the bathroom was clean, the TV and heater worked ok. Wireless internet worked one night ok but did not work the next. Breakfast, included in the room cost, was cold cereal, muffins and donuts, a self-serve waffle maker, fruit and drinks. A hot breakfast was available at extra cost. The in-house restaurant had a limited menu of inexpensive items. The food was satisfactory for the price. There were very few people in the restaurant during our stay so the service was very personal.

Shuttle service to the nearby Metro station was nominally every half-hour or every hour, depending on the time of day. It was not always on time. Shuttle service to the Reagan National Airport was also available but it was unclear whether it was scheduled or on-call; we called from the airport when we arrived and shuttle was sent for us.

The Hotel is immediately adjacent to a Best Western. The hotels are under the same ownership and some of the staff were seen working at both hotels.

The Hotel was nothing fancy, but considering the cost it was a good value.

• Liked — inexpensive
  • Disliked — not close to tourist desitinations
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
chesapeake, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Pentagon 8/6-9/07. The hotel was OK. The room was clean, though the comforter had a small stain on it, but I could live with that.

The continental breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff was nice. We ate dinner there one night. I had broiled salmon, which was moist and tasty.

The best part of my stay was the free shuttle to the Airport and/or Metro station at Pentagon City. The Pentagon City metro stop has a huge, 4 level mall. Lots and lots of eateries and nice places to shop. I believe the shuttle's last run from the Metro is around 9:30p or 10p. During this late run, sometimes the van fills up quickly, so you may have to wait for about 15 minutes or so until the driver returns.

I would stay there again.

• Liked — free metro shuttle
  • Disliked — nothing within walking distance (i.e. 7-11s, quick marts, etc)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
salem, or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I recently booked a room at the Comfort Inn Pentagon in Arlington, VA. I went through Expedia Corporate as I always do, but when I arrived I was told I could not earn customer loyalty points because I booked through Expedia. This was a first to me as I am a frequent guest of Choice Hotels (3-5 nights per month) and have always booked at Expedia. The only reason I choose the hotel was it was a Choice Hotel and to be told "no loyalty points" began a very terrible hotel experience. I travel frequently and have stayed at all classes of hotels. This was most definitely my worst experience.

The room temperature was difficult to control, which makes things very uncomforatable in the humid June weather. The water both smelled and tasted very metallic. I got out of the shower smelling worse then when I went in and was unable to drink any water in the room. The room was also very run down, which normally does not bother me but this room also was not clean. The bathtub had a ring and I found myself wearing my shoes into the shower. EWWWWW!!!!

I tried both with Expedia and Choice Hotels to cancel the reservation and go to another hotel. Although, they insist they have a 100% satisfaction gaurantee, I was forced to maintain the reservation and paid the full rate. Because I received no assistance whatsoever from Choice Hotel's "Customer Relations" Dept, nor no effort to correct the situation from the employee staff, I will never stay at another Choice Hotel again.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — The poor water quality
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

We could not have been more pleased with our hotel stay at Comfort Inn at the Pentagon. My husband and I, with our 4 kids, stayed in one of their suites for 4 nights. The room was nice and big, the beds comfortable and the breakfast plentiful and good!!!

We had no trouble with their shuttle services and didn't have to wait long for them when leaving the hotel or waiting to be picked up! Before booking here, I read the reviews and some had mixed reviews about the place. Because of that, I almost did not book at this hotel, but believe me, I AM SO VERY GLAD THAT WE DID!!!

• Liked — friendly, helpful staff, great breakfast buffet, and nice bedroom
  • Disliked — wasn't anything that we didn't like
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Milpitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

Stayed here as all other hotels near Crystal City either full or too expensive. Comfort Inn had rooms for reasonable price. Hotel is a little old and is showing it's age, rooms could use a remodel but was clean, room was comfortable and no major complaints, just some wear and tear. Wireless Internet worked great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Ran free shuttle to Pentagon City which is a Metro stop and shopping mall. Shuttle starts running at 6 am so had to take taxi to airport to catch early morning flight, taxi was about $10. Restaurant in hotel was okay, nothing gourmet and menu unimagative, choice of garden or caseaur salad, sandwiches, burgers, steak, fish and chips. Continental breakfast or hot breakfast included depending on room rate? I booked at a corporate rate and got a hot breakfast. Okay for a budget hotel.

• Liked — Hotel was fully non-smoking
  • Disliked — looked a little rundown
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

I originally had a reservation at the Best Western for myself and my parents. My father is recently disabled and in a wheelchair. I requested a first floor room and a shower stool. They did not have a first floor room available and suggested I try the Comfort Inn which had the same owner. I went accross the parking lot to the Comfort Inn and spoke with Carlos at the front desk. Although it was an extremely busy week and the hotel was completely booked he was able to find us a room. When we called the next morning to request the shower stool the woman at the front desk had no idea what I was talking about. She was not very helpful or simpathetic. They never did locate the shower stool. My parents had to switch to the BW a few days later and were happy with the room but overall the stay was average. The staff at the Comfort Inn, Carlos especially, were very helpful. If you or someone you are staying with have disabilty issues I suggest you call ahead of time and speak with someone directly. They were not exactly on the ball or simpathetic, the exception being Carlos and the other nightime staff.

• Liked — Night staff
  • Disliked — Disability accomidations
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

Understand that the Comfort Inn and Best Western share the same space, but have their own respective areas. The Comfort Inn was the place to stay. We actually booked at the Best Western. We arrived and there was no AC (actually they said it was not turned on throughout the hotel, but the heat was on). After and hour of arguing with the front desk our money was refunded in full, and we walked across the lot to the Comfort Inn. Our rooms were clean, and felt like a 5 star compared to our first experience. The breakfast was one of the best we have had. In addition to the normal continental items, they offered a hot breakfast for 3.95. These large portions include eggs, bacon, sausage and home fries. Staff was polite and accommodating. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!