“Convenient location to DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Ohio
“Convenient location to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The location was perfect for a short trip to DC! Carols the day manager was excellent! All of the staff was great. They were very friendly and more than happy to help us. This was our first time to DC and didn't know where to start, and the entire staff was great in helping us; from metro maps to shuttle to and fro to nearby metro station. We would definetly stay at this hotel again. It saved us alot of headaches touring DC; money and time. The free shuttle service to and from the metro station was great. We didn't have to worry about our car and parking. You could do all of the things you want in DC and you can relax at the end of your day and catch the shuttle back to the hotel. Don't have to worry about fighting the traffice in unfamiliar place!! It was a great experience!!! You could always say that hotel could be better, but for the price and the location it was worth it. TV could use an update model and the controller was sticking, but the room was clean and bedding was too. Overall experience of this hotel was great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear hyechayi, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We were visiting the Smithsonian and our son at school in Northern Virginia. Arlington was convenient to both. The reason we selected the hotel was for the shuttle to the Metro, free parking, and free breakfast. The shuttle ran on schedule and was a hassle-free way to get in and out of DC. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special. It suited our need to grab something and go sightseeing. I'm a runner and after several attempts did find a bike trail not far from the hotel. While we did not have meals near the hotel--we found nothing within walking distance--however, about 1/2 mile away there was an upscale neighborhood with a number of restaurants and shops. I was not able to easily access the internet from the room, even after a conversation with the service provider. There was a computer I was able to use in the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. The noise one night from neighbors was a little loud. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear AlwaystheSunNewYork, Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is an old hotel that is in need of renovation. I stayed in room 307. The furniture is old and dirty. The wall is thin--I can hear the TV from the adjacent room and could not go to sleep. The water pressure from the shower is extreme low. It took a few minutes to get shampoo out of my short hair.

I discovered the problem with my shower at 11PM when getting ready for bed and the whole hotel was booked because all flights at Reagan National Airport (and at most of the airports in the northeast) were canceled due snow on Wed., Jan. 26, 2011. When I called and complained, they gave me $25 discount in the morning.

I got my hotel reservation from the Nationwide Hospitality Inc. This is the name of the company on a slip of paper US Airways gave me when they canceled my flight. I also called them to complain about the hotel's condition. The operator did not care at all. She told me that it is between me and the hotel and said "we just book the room for you." I would never call this company again for room reservation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear T492001, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

This Comfort Inn's location is very isolated. No nearby restaurants nor shopping area. It relies on its scheduled shuttle service. I used it 3 straight days and it is always on time and reliable. The staff are super friendly. The breakfast is OK - a waffle-maker, some bagels, donuts, muffins, 3 kinds of cereals, bowl of yogurt and hard-boiled eggs, and some small apples and oranges. I saw they has setup for hot food. Maybe they temporarily stop serving hot food during low season. I am not sure. Overall, the breakfast is nothing to write home about. It is not Hampton Inn, for sure.
The room was reasonably clean and spacious. My room has two beds and a nice desk. It was a nice setup. The bathroom was pretty clean too. The window air-conditioning unit (also for heat) was very noisy possibly because it was a heat pump. It woke me up near dawn. I had to use earplugs to help with my sleep. But maybe it was because I am sensitive to noise.
The shuttle service provides transport to Pentagon City metro station (it is right outside of a very busy mall) every 30 minutes before 10AM and between 4 to 7 PM. Then every 60 minutes from 7 to 10PM and between 10AM to 4PM. It has been on-time every time I used it.
Overall, this Comfort Inn is acceptable for the relatively economical price. I would recommend it to my friend and I would stay there again if I am returning to the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

This hotel provided exactly what I was looking for in lodging near Reagan Airport. It was convenient and provided a well run shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was great and a small restaurant in the hotel not only provide a very good free breakfast, but also offered a good selection of meals in the evening, saving a trip out.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Paradise, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a total of nine days in a two week period. The room was clean and roomy and it came with a full breakfast in the morning. The staff was courteous and their service outstanding. We were there to tour DC and this was a perfect economical hotel for doing just that.You have to take shuttle to get to the metro but the shuttle service is wonderful. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle and the shuttle driver even took me to the airport car rental instead of just the terminal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised. Hotel is some old but in good shape with comfortable, fairly modern facilities and furnishings. Very clean. Our King room was suite-sized with refrig/microwave, along with other normal room features. Adequate number of free parking spaces. Free shuttle to Pentagon City Metro stop every half hr/hr up to 10pm (planning on staying out later could be pretty costly taxi fare). On-site bar & restaraunt for dinner and breakfast (choice of free continental breakfast or purchased full breakfast if not included in hotel package). Staff was coordial and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!