“Some of the best Ethiopian cuisine I've ever had” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #254 of 700 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
New York City, New York
“Some of the best Ethiopian cuisine I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a find! I walked in to Harar in the late afternoon not expecting much as the exterior is quite bland. The interior though basic, is warm and comfortable. It was quite empty (only two tables of diners), but it was only 4:30 in the afternoon. being that i was solo, i sat at the bar. I ordered the vegetarian sampler which is my typical order - and it was amazing! Great service, great food and comfortable atmosphere. I will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Great EthiopianGem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Fabulouse food,clean,great service,fun
Need to try if in Washington dc or Arlington
Loved the food, freshly made and great flavors. Food is paprika spicy but not hot spicy. Highly recomend it. A must eat if you like different kinds of foods

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A good find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came here for a family dinner before a show. My kids (teenagers who like ethnic and spicy food) wondered why we had never taken them out for Ethiopian food before. I wondered that, too. We had a very tasty meal of the combination meat and veggie platters, plus a couple of lamb dishes. The service was good, and we liked the atmospheric pop Ethiopian music. We'll be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee
“Really enjoyed it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I ordered a vegetarian meal, my husband had meat, and we shared. One of my lentil dishes was especially tasty, spicy with maybe allspice. I tried the honey wine and found it to be much too sweet (Ethiopian beer was much better). The service was excellent, all our food was delicious, and the atmosphere was attractive.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“A pleasant and economical surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stumbled upon this small Ethiopian restaurant while at a local conference in Arlington Virginia. My wife and I enjoy Ethiopian cuisine but find it rather pricey for the usual amount of food served. No worries at Harar Mesob where we enjoyed a small but tasty lunch buffet. Several of the vegetables were probably out of a can; however, the preparation was excellent and the selection quite varied. Restaurants rarely have enough vegetables but on this day we enjoyed collard greens, green beans, and both red and green cabbage. They also offered a chicken and a beef dish for variety. Our server was pleasant and quite knowledgeable. The best part of the experience was the price - $8.95/person. Unfortunately, the buffet is available only during weekday hours. The lunch buffet is an excellent way for individuals to try out a delicious yet under appreciated world cuisine. We will make every effort to return in the future.

• Visited May 2012