“Very good experience, great staff ” 4 of 5 stars

You added Oakwood Apartments Arlington to your Saves list
Oakwood Apartments Arlington
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1550 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA 22209   |
Manila, Philippines
“Very good experience, great staff ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

GOOD EXPERIENCE OVERALL, WILL RECOMMEND. I stayed in a one-bedroom apartment for eight weeks in Nov 2012-Jan 2013, and for five weeks in May-June 2014. I had a very good experience both times, and I would recommend this place to family and friends. Great place to stay when you are relocating to DC and still trying to find long-term accommodation. GREAT STAFF. The staff are great: very friendly, very helpful, very efficient! Laura Burke deserves special mention: she followed through on a minor repair request I made, and she went out of her way (on Memorial Day weekend) to warmly welcome my sister visiting from out of town and staying at my apartment while I was away. I had an issue with the unit that was first assigned to me, but Oakwood immediately acted on my complaint (I made in person to Patrick and by email). They immediately transferred me to a better unit: gets the morning sun, facing the pool and the small park, and away from the noise of Clarendon Blvd and the elevators. GREAT LOCATION. Rosslyn is very near the work place in DC (5 minutes on Metro) and great restaurants and shops in Clarendon (8 minutes by bike), and is served by both Blue and Orange Metro lines. There is a bus stop right in front of the building, a Safeway grocery store 5 minutes away by foot, and lots of good restaurants nearby. FACILITIES FINE. Pool and basement parking are a plus. The apartments are spacious and comfortable, but should be refurbished in the next couple of years. NOISE. If you are in Rosslyn, you will hear the airplanes when they land and take off from nearby DCA Reagan National Airport, which is 10 minutes away by car.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Oakwood2014, Social Media Marketing Team at Oakwood Apartments Arlington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was so friendly and helpful! Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Oakwood is conveniently located within walking distance of Metro, City Bike Share station, Starbucks, CVS and great restaurants! Clean and comfortable and under good management. An enjoyable stay. Apartment has pool which is open in summer and convenient gym.

• Stayed May 2014
Glad to hear your stay was so wonderful, and that the location was so convenient! Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Oakwood at Clarendon Blvd. saved us a bundle and provided us with more of a normal lifestyle when transitioning cross-country than a hotel would. We stayed for a shorter period of time than your average person...a little over a week but originally was going for a half week. Call and ask; if they have availability, they may accommodate you.

We are a couple with 8 and 10 year old kids. We had a two-bedroom apartment while we waited for our rental house to become available. Price-wise, it was about the same as a hotel room and it had two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, large balcony, and laundry.

This location worked for us better than a hotel because we didn't have to depend on room service thanks to a kitchen, but there are restaurants nearby so you could have a choice. Also the laundry is in the apartment, which was great.

Now it's not posh like a nice hotel; our apartment was clearly old. No room service or maid service here (I think they will do maid service for a charge) But it's fine, and it was clean and quiet, and the kids liked the pool. We opted to stay two extra nights after our rental was ready, so we could be in a normal space at night while our stuff had arrived at the rental and it was a total mess! During the days we unpacked at our rental, and then retreated to Oakwood at night. I was actually sad to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
salerno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place needs a HUGE updated... it is old, the bathroom is old and dirty. The internet and tv cable work any other day! I stayed there with my husband for six months :-( .....Do yourself a favor find somenthing else! And please Okwood invest some money in a good cleaning and updating this building.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 5 weeks from the end of October to the start of December 2012. The location is good, being near the Metro and also having a bus stop and FSI Shuttle stop directly outside. There are also restaurants and supermarkets nearby too, with a Safeway less than 5 minutes away and a Whole Foods and a Cheesecake Factory if you don't mind a little bit of a longer walk.

The apartments themselves are large and comfortable, with everything you need for an extended stay away from home and.I especially appreciated having my own washer and dryer. My apartment looked like it had been recently refurbished as all the fixtures and fittings looked clean, new and modern.

I paid extra for the weekly maid service and found it to be excellent and well worth paying for. The staff on reception were always friendly and helpful to me when I had questions. I would definitely choose to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stay in Rosslyn once or twice a year and I've stayed in several long-term apartments in the area. I keep coming back to the Oakwood mainly because of the service. The rooms are definitely older but a very clean, well appointed and comfortable at a great rate.

They have a pool, bbq area, in-house events, in room internet etc. It's easy access to Rosslyn Metro, supermarket, CVS, restaurants etc,

It's in the fight path for Reagan airport so you need to get used to fly-overs and at the moment the surrounding construction adds to the noise level, but still the best value in Rosslyn

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Location is great--maybe a five minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro (orange and blue lines), same to Safeway, and 30 minutes walk or so to a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Pottery Barn, et cetera with plenty of restaurants (fast food to fine dining) and bars on the way. 30 minutes walking in the other direction will land you in Georgetown.

My one bedroom suite had a galley-sized kitchen, stacking washer and dryer in the unit, good-sized sitting room and king bed room. The bathroom was a bit dated, but everything is clean and well-maintained. The front-desk staff have been friendly, too.

Room Tip: It is worth getting a room on the back side of the building, as the front side faces a fire station...