“Great beds!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great beds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband and I went to DC for the first time this weekend. I had to go for a conference and he tagged along. The hotel is very close to the DCA airport and they provide a shuttle. Check in was fast, no wait. We were upgraded to a suite. The bed was AMAZING! We had lots of pillows and a down comforter. The only reason I didn't give this hotel an Excellent rating was because of the noise in the room. We were on the 7th floor and could still hear the street traffic. The hotel has 19 floors so next time I would ask for a higher floor. I didn't report this issue so I'm sure they would have moved me if I asked. They provide Bath and Body Works toiletries that smell really nice. The staff is very nice and the conference facilities were great. As a conference guest, the event coordinator sent a bottle of wine and fruit tray to our room. (Nice touch, I thought) The Metro is right below the hotel so it was easy for us to hop on the Metro and go into DC. The hotel seemed to be in a safe area. My husband and I walked around at night with no problems and there are many restaraunts closeby. I would have liked to have free wifi but it was like 12.95 a day. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Now if we can only buy one of those beds...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I was here for a conference so I didn't get to much touring of DC...but this is a good location if you can get a good rate and like Marriot's. Crystal City is boring & bland but has many restaurants within walking distance including a few good ones like Jaleo.The hotel has decent common areas and reasonably nice rooms with comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This place is huge! Good location, has connection to the DC Metro which is a convenience, and is a short walking distance to many dining options. Typical Marriott hotel otherwise, good service and amenities. The lobby lounge / bar was a very comfortable place to meet and chat with friends & associates. Standards of service were great, room service left a little bit to be desired (not uncommon in such a large hotel).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Crystal Gateway Marriott has been my business hotel in DC for almost 20 years. The hotel is right on the Blue & Yellow lines and is very convenient to the Pentagon or downtown DC. It's a big hotel with two towers, which can make getting to the fitness center or pool a pain if you're not in the right tower, but these shrotfalls are offset by a very good lobby bar and easy access to good dining in the Crystal City Undergound. Decent indoor/outdoor pool (although it's a smaller, indoor-only pool in the winter) but the lifeguards are a bit strict with my kids. Like most Marriotts, I wish they'd invest a bit more in a larger, better equipped fitness center. I recommend this hotel if you're doing business in the Pentagon, Pentagon City or Crystal City.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010 via mobile

I love that hotel nice rooms beds are so comfy. Nice view even though it's near a highway. This hotel had a great pool. It connects to the crystal city subway station with a bunch of shops before we get there and it was a great experience this hotel is great!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Stayed July 2010
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Yes, the pool is half indoors and half outdoors! it's pretty cool. We stayed here for a conference and really enjoyed our six nights there. The staff all over the hotel was really great, very accommodating, and helpful and friendly. Most of the food we got was through the conference or room service and both were above average. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Thanks, Marriott!

Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family and I attended a conference this past weekend although I rarely write reviews and give praise or criticism for services I couldn't feel more compelled to than after our most recent stay. I would like to thank the staff at the Marriott Crystal Gateway for being very accommodating, friendly and helpful with my family's needs. In my opinion, the facility was first class in holding a conference with lots of families with small children and teens and the staff were welcoming, efficient and warm. The property's location in Arlington proved very handy for Washington via the Metro (albeit with surprisingly infrequent trains than expected) and for shopping at the Fashion Mall at Pentagon City. Highly recommended...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crystal Gateway Marriott? Share your experiences!