Had a great two days with my family here between Christmas and New Year, sightseeing in DC. Easy in and out on 395 but use "1700 S Eads St" for your GPS/Tom Tom. Because it is a business hotel and close to Pentagon, it was practically empty and we we were upgraded to a suite on the 16th floor which was great. Staff were really friendly and could not do enough for you - porter joked with the kids (8 and 10) and then presented them with a free movie voucher! Room was really good and beds particularly good, even a full size roll-away bed. Kids loved being up high and watching traffic and life below. Pool + jacuzzi excellent but gym more functional rather than state-of-the-art. Hotel really well served by a huge variety of restaurants (Crystal City Shops Food Court and S 23rd St) and a local 7-11 (front desk has a good map). Charlie Chiang's Chinese restaurant was top drawer. Easy access to metro. We drove to Cesar's Diner for breakfast (2 blocks south) which was typical diner fare and the kids liked it (free parking to rear). We did not use Valet Parking ($27 per day) at the hotel. The streets were not busy so we parked on the street (meters between 0800-1800 with an overall twelve hour limit - only 75c per hour and too easy during holiday period). We even drove up to the Mall and Museums etc and found parking easy and free (which we would never experience in our native UK). All seemed to work well on this occasion, despite the DC cold, and worked out cheaper than the central hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott