Had a great two days with my family here between Christmas and New Year, sightseeing in DC. Easy in and out on 395 but use "1700 S Eads St" for your GPS/Tom Tom. Because it is a business hotel and close to Pentagon, it was practically empty and we we were upgraded to a suite on the 16th floor which was great. Staff were really friendly and could not do enough for you - porter joked with the kids (8 and 10) and then presented them with a free movie voucher! Room was really good and beds particularly good, even a full size roll-away bed. Kids loved being up high and watching traffic and life below. Pool + jacuzzi excellent but gym more functional rather than state-of-the-art. Hotel really well served by a huge variety of restaurants (Crystal City Shops Food Court and S 23rd St) and a local 7-11 (front desk has a good map). Charlie Chiang's Chinese restaurant was top drawer. Easy access to metro. We drove to Cesar's Diner for breakfast (2 blocks south) which was typical diner fare and the kids liked it (free parking to rear). We did not use Valet Parking ($27 per day) at the hotel. The streets were not busy so we parked on the street (meters between 0800-1800 with an overall twelve hour limit - only 75c per hour and too easy during holiday period). We even drove up to the Mall and Museums etc and found parking easy and free (which we would never experience in our native UK). All seemed to work well on this occasion, despite the DC cold, and worked out cheaper than the central hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott