Just back from a two night stay at the Marriott Crystal Gateway. We had a hard time finding the entrance, but maybe we're just plain daft. You can see the hotel from Jefferson Davis Highway, but you can't enter there. We thought we could turn next left and double back, but ended up going all the way to Rosslyn before we could turn around. Check-in was really fast and very professional. I had requested a room high up, in a quiet location, and my request was granted. As for the horrendous parking fee of $21 we just parked for free at the Crystal City Public Parking lot where parking is free on week-ends. We were told that today, Columbus Day, would also be free as it's a holiday. However, upon leaving the parking lot the girl at the exit gave me a hard time, telling me it wasn't free to park. Anyhow, she graciously let us go without paying. I'd double check before assuming it's free to park there on week-ends and holidays, just to be sure. It's a bit of a walk from the Marriott, but I enjoy walking so it wasn't a chore. The room we had was quite spacious, and had a nice view of the sunsets. There was a problem with the heating/air conditioning unit. The room was cold when we entered so we put the temperature up to 75 and then went out for a few hours. When we got back the room was even colder than when we first arrived when it was set for 72 degrees. Had no choice but to complain. A workman came by pretty soon and fixed the problem.
We had room service one night. Food was excellent. I had the spinach salad with grilled chicken and my husband had the crabcake sandwich. We also ordered bruschetta. which was also delicious. The Metro is accessed via a tunnel directly from the hotel's lobby. This tunnel also leads you to the many shops adjacent. The rate we paid was $108 per night. Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott