“Excellent hotel with a GREAT location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Shelbyville, Tennessee
“Excellent hotel with a GREAT location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at the Crystal Gateway Marriott for four nights. The room was lovely, and the hotel service was great. I really enjoyed the workout room, pool and hot tub. The business center offered free internet access to print airline boarding passes, although other internet access was pricey. I LOVED the location with quick access to the Crystal City metro stop. Since it was cold and rainy during my stay, the ability to use the underground tunnels to access restaurants and shops was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Smithfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

My meeting was in Crystal City, so this hotel's location worked out great. From the cavernous hotel lobby, you can walk directly into the underground passageways and shops under Crystal City and it is about a block (underground) from the Crystal City Metro stop (another plus). All the rooms had been recently renovated; new furniture, carpeting, flat-screen TVs, high-end linens, etc. Spotless. Be sure to ask for a room on the Eads Street side; the other side overlooks Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1) and was very noisy, so I had to switch rooms. Parking is steep at $19.00 a day and the breakfast buffet was also steep at $16.00; there are several alternatives in the Crystal City shops. The staff is friendly and helpful, which is always a plus. Overall, a very pleasant and convenient stay.

• Liked — Recently renovated with high quality furnishings.
  • Disliked — Noisy highway on one side; lobby can be drafty in winter.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

Another nice at a Marriott property. This hotel is close to National Airport and there are quite a few retail establishments within walking distance. The room is clean and the service personnel friendly.

Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My son found a piece of glass in his ice cream during dessert in one of their ballrooms. I showed a waiter the large crack in the dish as well as a jagged egde on the lip of the dish. The waiter acted like he could not have cared less and took the dish. I figured he was taking it to show a manager or someone in authority but he never returned. The staff at this hotel does not seem to care about the health and safety of their patrons.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

My two teenagers and I took a quick trip to see the sights in Washington DC and stayed in this hotel. Having done much research on hotels in the area, I decided on the Marriott Crystal Gateway because of easy access to the Metro - and the very reasonable price at the time!

We don't travel much, so when we do, I want it to be as nice as possible. This hotel did not disappoint! The staff was amazingly wonderful, and I was impressed that we were remembered on different occasions.

The room was beautiful, and just as shown in pictures posted. I really liked the window. While there wasn't a view, the bow window did make the room seem bigger. Very nice!

My daughter and I loved the Bath and Body Works amenities. In fact, having used the lotion from the room, we are now puchasing it to have at home.

As mentioned in other posts, the Metro stop is reached through an underground mall. While I was a bit apprehensive about the Metro system at first, we quickly became acclimated, and my son delighted in figuring out the schedule before I did so he could lead the way.

The Metro is a wonderful way to get to the sights of DC. Once we parked the car in the hotel parking lot, we never moved it again until the day we left to come home. One stop up on the Metro line brought us to Pentagon City, which had a fabulously huge mall. Not that we had much time (or desire) to shop, but it had a large food court that we utilized a couple of times. It was very pretty, especially decorated for Christmas.

Our trip was wonderful. We didn't have much time, but we loved every minute we were there, and the Crystal Gateway Marriott was one of the factors that made it so nice.

• Liked — The beds! They are the absolute best!
  • Disliked — Paying for parking
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

In DC with my family for a sightseeing trip

GREAT HOTEL!!! Easy to access from major highways. Very stylish and updated lobby

Extremely friendly staff at all levels

Other reviews were great tip, asked for a complimentary upgrade since I was with children and THEY GAVE IT TO ME!! -despite staying on Marriott points.

Jr. Suite had small living area with pullout couch and a small refrig (Woo Hoo) 42 inch Flat screen

Great King sized Bed in BR and 42 inch flat screen

Bathroom small but nice

Having access to Metro through underground concourse was great and having several stores down there (drug store, grocery, restaurants, etc.) was helpful. A little bit of a walk, so if you wanted much closer access the Crystal City Marriott is literally down an escalator from Metro stop

Breakfast good but expensive (expected in DC)

All in all a great stay-highly recommend

• Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Coatesville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

As always, I booked through Priceline and got this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to get this location at the price I paid. (Significantly lower than retail)

Checkin was prompt and the luggage was taken upstairs by the staff while I decided to go find something to eat.

Once I got back to the hotel, I was ready to sleep. Did I ever! That bed was so comfortable! I haven't slept at a hotel so well in ages.

I woke up the next morning (and really had to pull myself out of bed!) to check out quickly and effortlessly. The only downside of the experience was the $25 parking fees for one night (I wasn't even there 12 hours!)

The bar was also overpriced. (2 drinks was nearly $17)

Otherwise, very clean and comfortable hotel. I enjoyed my stay!

• Liked — THE BED!
  • Disliked — Expensive parking and bar tab!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crystal Gateway Marriott? Share your experiences!