“Great hotel for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Colorado
“Great hotel for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Marriott has a well-deserved quality reputation. This hotel fits nicely within that reputation. The halls are a little dingy and the rooms a bit dated, but all-in-all it's quite adequate. Lobby amenities are good. The bar is spacious and has a good menu. The crispy cream bread pudding is beyond good. This hotel has good access to the metro and Crystal City underground system which makes it quite convenient for business users. Good shuttle service to National Airport. The check-in process was much slower than it should have been, but that was really on the only glitch on my last trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family stayed here on a recent trip to Washington. We hopped on the Metro at Reagan National Airport and took the VERY short ride to the Crystal City stop. The hotel is very convenient to the Metro. It's just a short walk through the underground (Crystal City Shops) area to the hotel.

The lobby is spacious and very nice.

We arrived around 1:30 pm...much earlier than our 4:00 pm check-in time. We expected to just drop off our luggage with the Concierge and then head out for the afternoon. It was a nice surprise to be told that our room was ready and that we could go ahead and check in! We were also told that with my husband's government discount, we would receive free wifi during our stay. We had not expected that, so that was really good to know. (Not sure if that is offered all the time, or if was something special they did for us.) The girl who checked us in was very friendly and gave us a map of the local area when we asked about places to eat.

Our room was very nice. It was beautifully decorated and super clean, and we LOVED the huge, soft, square pillows on the beds! The beds were comfortable. There is a highway that runs next to the hotel, but we wouldn't have known it unless we looked out, because we couldn't hear any traffic noise at all (we were on an upper floor, but I don't think there would have been any noise on lower floors, either).

We ate at the restaurant in the lobby, The Atrium, one evening, and it was good.

We really enjoyed our stay here...we spent several LONG days sightseeing in the heat, and it was so nice to come back to our room every night. It was comfortable, clean, and the air conditioner worked very well (a MUST in July).

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel was incredible. We booked online at Marriott.com and got a great rate earlier in the year. We were driving back from vacation in Topsail, NC and Arlington/DC area was our half way point, we got into Arlington around 10:30AM and I was a little concerned that they might not let us check in because it was so early. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left we had nothing but a spectacular experience. The gentleman who was in charge of the Valet came up and asked us if we'd be using the Valet or if we'd be self parking (we self-parked). He was very helpful, told us where to pull in for the parking garage and how to get from the parking garage to the hotel lobby. Once we parked we went in to see if we'd be able to check in and the second we got into the actual hotel I was amazed. It's immaculately clean and so beautifully decorated. The woman at the front desk was warm and friendly and helped us get checked in right away. We even got upgraded to a one room suite. I was so impressed with the friendliness of everyone we encountered at the hotel. Even housekeeping was pleasant. Our room was fantastic the view was amazing and everything was spotless. We decided to go see the Air & Space Museum in DC and went down to get directions at the concierge desk. The woman at the concierge desk gave us a metro map and wrote down how to get to the metro, the stop we'd need to get off at, and where to walk once we got off the metro. We didn't even have to leave the hotel to get to the Metro they have a great underground mall with fun shops and a few really good restaurants too. Everything was so easily accessible and everyone at this hotel was more than willing to help with what ever you needed. I will absolutely be staying at this location again. It was by far the best experience I've had at a Marriott thus far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I liked the hotel and it is very easy to get around with the metro right there, however I was not impressed with the employees. The bartenders in the lounge were more worried about cleaning up and getting out of there and rushed us to finish our last call drinks. They even asked us to move out of the lounge area. The next morning I had an issue with a valet attendant (Louis, I believe). Apparently we mistakenly parked in the valet area. When you go in a certain way there are no cones. Because the garage was busy when we arrived we were forced to turn and parked. The next morning I was putting luggage in my car so we could tour Washington. They told me the care could stay in the lot until 5:00pm, which was nice. This valet attendant was parking a care and told me I was in valet parking. When I told him I didn't know he then said it was clearly marked with cones. I explained the way we came in the day before did not have cones. He then preceded to argue with me and told me he was here yesterday and it was marked. I said, "Why are you arguing with me, a customer?" He said, "I am not you are arguing with me." I said, "You are arguing what I say and basically calling me a liar." He then continued to argue about whether or not he was arguing and calling me a liar. Then he threatened me and said if I was not moved in the next 30 minutes, he would call security and have me towed. I then turned my back on him, moved the car, and asked the front desk for his name. I have never as a customer been treated in that way or talked to so rudely. I was very unhappy for the first time at a mar riot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris H, Manager at Crystal Gateway Marriott, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Terri S-
Thank you for our post. It sounds like an exasperating exchange and I apologize. Our partner, the valet company, has reached out to you to help bring a positive resolution. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Super friendly staff. Cozy room. Exceptionally comfortable bed. A short metro ride to Nationals Park and monuments. Parking Garage is a bit creepy and not recommended for taller vehicles, but other than that a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jen J-

Thanks for your visit and your post. Letting you know that as we speak, the garage is getting a fresh painting and we are adding more light fixtures. Come back and see the difference! Chris/Resident Manager
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I’ve stayed here quite a bit over the years. This is a nice hotel but it is an older property. It is still in decent shape and looks to have been refurbished recently, but it doesn’t have that higher end feel of some/most Marriotts.

The newer Renaissance Hotel in town seems to be the fanciest Marriott in town these days.

Very convenient covered walkway (tunnel) to Metro stop – especially nice when raining and/or freezing out.

Convenient to plenty of restaurants.

Parking was steep.

Room Tip: Highway side could get a little loud during the early morning rush - only a problem if you want to s...