Our family stayed here on a recent trip to Washington. We hopped on the Metro at Reagan National Airport and took the VERY short ride to the Crystal City stop. The hotel is very convenient to the Metro. It's just a short walk through the underground (Crystal City Shops) area to the hotel.
The lobby is spacious and very nice.
We arrived around 1:30 pm...much earlier than our 4:00 pm check-in time. We expected to just drop off our luggage with the Concierge and then head out for the afternoon. It was a nice surprise to be told that our room was ready and that we could go ahead and check in! We were also told that with my husband's government discount, we would receive free wifi during our stay. We had not expected that, so that was really good to know. (Not sure if that is offered all the time, or if was something special they did for us.) The girl who checked us in was very friendly and gave us a map of the local area when we asked about places to eat.
Our room was very nice. It was beautifully decorated and super clean, and we LOVED the huge, soft, square pillows on the beds! The beds were comfortable. There is a highway that runs next to the hotel, but we wouldn't have known it unless we looked out, because we couldn't hear any traffic noise at all (we were on an upper floor, but I don't think there would have been any noise on lower floors, either).
We ate at the restaurant in the lobby, The Atrium, one evening, and it was good.
We really enjoyed our stay here...we spent several LONG days sightseeing in the heat, and it was so nice to come back to our room every night. It was comfortable, clean, and the air conditioner worked very well (a MUST in July).
We would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Marriott Crystal Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.