Our family stayed here on a recent trip to Washington. We hopped on the Metro at Reagan National Airport and took the VERY short ride to the Crystal City stop. The hotel is very convenient to the Metro. It's just a short walk through the underground (Crystal City Shops) area to the hotel.
The lobby is spacious and very nice.
We arrived around 1:30 pm...much earlier than our 4:00 pm check-in time. We expected to just drop off our luggage with the Concierge and then head out for the afternoon. It was a nice surprise to be told that our room was ready and that we could go ahead and check in! We were also told that with my husband's government discount, we would receive free wifi during our stay. We had not expected that, so that was really good to know. (Not sure if that is offered all the time, or if was something special they did for us.) The girl who checked us in was very friendly and gave us a map of the local area when we asked about places to eat.
Our room was very nice. It was beautifully decorated and super clean, and we LOVED the huge, soft, square pillows on the beds! The beds were comfortable. There is a highway that runs next to the hotel, but we wouldn't have known it unless we looked out, because we couldn't hear any traffic noise at all (we were on an upper floor, but I don't think there would have been any noise on lower floors, either).
We ate at the restaurant in the lobby, The Atrium, one evening, and it was good.
We really enjoyed our stay here...we spent several LONG days sightseeing in the heat, and it was so nice to come back to our room every night. It was comfortable, clean, and the air conditioner worked very well (a MUST in July).
We would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott