This hotel was incredible. We booked online at Marriott.com and got a great rate earlier in the year. We were driving back from vacation in Topsail, NC and Arlington/DC area was our half way point, we got into Arlington around 10:30AM and I was a little concerned that they might not let us check in because it was so early. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left we had nothing but a spectacular experience. The gentleman who was in charge of the Valet came up and asked us if we'd be using the Valet or if we'd be self parking (we self-parked). He was very helpful, told us where to pull in for the parking garage and how to get from the parking garage to the hotel lobby. Once we parked we went in to see if we'd be able to check in and the second we got into the actual hotel I was amazed. It's immaculately clean and so beautifully decorated. The woman at the front desk was warm and friendly and helped us get checked in right away. We even got upgraded to a one room suite. I was so impressed with the friendliness of everyone we encountered at the hotel. Even housekeeping was pleasant. Our room was fantastic the view was amazing and everything was spotless. We decided to go see the Air & Space Museum in DC and went down to get directions at the concierge desk. The woman at the concierge desk gave us a metro map and wrote down how to get to the metro, the stop we'd need to get off at, and where to walk once we got off the metro. We didn't even have to leave the hotel to get to the Metro they have a great underground mall with fun shops and a few really good restaurants too. Everything was so easily accessible and everyone at this hotel was more than willing to help with what ever you needed. I will absolutely be staying at this location again. It was by far the best experience I've had at a Marriott thus far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott