I liked the hotel and it is very easy to get around with the metro right there, however I was not impressed with the employees. The bartenders in the lounge were more worried about cleaning up and getting out of there and rushed us to finish our last call drinks. They even asked us to move out of the lounge area. The next morning I had an issue with a valet attendant (Louis, I believe). Apparently we mistakenly parked in the valet area. When you go in a certain way there are no cones. Because the garage was busy when we arrived we were forced to turn and parked. The next morning I was putting luggage in my car so we could tour Washington. They told me the care could stay in the lot until 5:00pm, which was nice. This valet attendant was parking a care and told me I was in valet parking. When I told him I didn't know he then said it was clearly marked with cones. I explained the way we came in the day before did not have cones. He then preceded to argue with me and told me he was here yesterday and it was marked. I said, "Why are you arguing with me, a customer?" He said, "I am not you are arguing with me." I said, "You are arguing what I say and basically calling me a liar." He then continued to argue about whether or not he was arguing and calling me a liar. Then he threatened me and said if I was not moved in the next 30 minutes, he would call security and have me towed. I then turned my back on him, moved the car, and asked the front desk for his name. I have never as a customer been treated in that way or talked to so rudely. I was very unhappy for the first time at a mar riot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott