I liked the hotel and it is very easy to get around with the metro right there, however I was not impressed with the employees. The bartenders in the lounge were more worried about cleaning up and getting out of there and rushed us to finish our last call drinks. They even asked us to move out of the lounge area. The next morning I had an issue with a valet attendant (Louis, I believe). Apparently we mistakenly parked in the valet area. When you go in a certain way there are no cones. Because the garage was busy when we arrived we were forced to turn and parked. The next morning I was putting luggage in my car so we could tour Washington. They told me the care could stay in the lot until 5:00pm, which was nice. This valet attendant was parking a care and told me I was in valet parking. When I told him I didn't know he then said it was clearly marked with cones. I explained the way we came in the day before did not have cones. He then preceded to argue with me and told me he was here yesterday and it was marked. I said, "Why are you arguing with me, a customer?" He said, "I am not you are arguing with me." I said, "You are arguing what I say and basically calling me a liar." He then continued to argue about whether or not he was arguing and calling me a liar. Then he threatened me and said if I was not moved in the next 30 minutes, he would call security and have me towed. I then turned my back on him, moved the car, and asked the front desk for his name. I have never as a customer been treated in that way or talked to so rudely. I was very unhappy for the first time at a mar riot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott