Since hotels in DC are more expensive, this is a perfect hotel if you want to be close to DC, but not there.
The hotel itself is great. Beautiful, clean and well decorated. Nice bar with expensive drinks, but....you should have expected that.
You are received by professionals as you check in and they are efficient and helpful. There was one glitch. My son and I checked in and of them told me that a room with two beds was going to be ready in just a minute. So, we stood by waiting for an hour. At some point, my son was getting tired, so I asked another person at the front desk if the room was almost ready. She found a room immediately and went on our business.
1- The elevators are a hassle at times. During peak times, early mornings and evenings taking the elevators can be a nightmare. I actually waited 15 minutes for one and everyone was full to capacity. I ended up taking the stairs from the 10th floor, but there is no access to the actual floor after the 2nd so I ended up in the back of the kitchen somewhere. Yes, the elevators are the biggest pain in the butt here.
2- Wifi. Wifi is free at the lobby only. When you are up in your room it’s a charge. Stupid. It actually doesn't cost more to provide internet access to guests. They simply want to make more money. As a good Christian I refuse to pay expensive fees simply to check my email and update Facebook.
3- Unless you have a car or have rented one like I did, there is nothing within walking distance after hours. After early evening, the closest restaurant is about a mile. Not much else. I had a car, so I was able to drive, but since we are reviewing for others, I think this would annoy some people.
Close to DC
Easy access if driving or if taking the train
Free Wifi in the lobby
Nice pool and hot tub
Not the best neighborhood
Not restaurants within walking distance
The wifi. It costs money from your room
A few less attentive staffers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Marriott Crystal Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott