“Great location and service at tremendous price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot Summer Deal: 25% Off
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location and service at tremendous price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We spent a weekend night here for $99.00 which is an unbelievable price for the location. (Check out weekday prices!) The staff we interacted with was super friendly and professional. The hotel is elegant and in great shape considering it is always very busy. I've stayed here several times before on business and like it for it's location. You can access the Metro system without going outside the hotel. Parking is expensive - but no different than any other hotel in Crystal City. Not only would I stay there again, I've already got reservations for a business meeting in August.

Room Tip: Being a Marriott Rewards Gold Level got us upgraded to a suite!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Do not stay here unless you need the location. They don't honor their rates. I showed up to check in and they wouldn't honor my rate. They changed the rate and I had no choice but to accept it. The manager was extremely rude and unhelpful. Told me that I was stuck with a rate that was triple what I booked it for and had proof of. I always try to stay at Marriott but never again at this Marriott. Entire staff took the same attitude as the manager. They were all rude and not willing to help. Every time you asked a question they acted like it was a huge inconvenience to answer it. Find somewhere else to stay. This hotel doesn't deserve the honor of being a Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Was at this hotel on business for 4 days. Vey nice large hotel. Has a underground walkway to shops and restaurants. You can practically walk underground and come out at several points including crystal drive. Conference area was very nice and well organized. One thing I did not like was the last day of the conference coffee was horrible. Tasted the same in the restaurant. The other two days it tasted very good. The last day it tasted as if the only made it with half the coffee; very watery. No other complaints. Rooms were nice and roomy. Oh my irin did not work, but it was replaced right away.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days on business and was not impressed. The hotel is very large and the room I was large but oddly shaped. The room did feature a small living room with couch and tv and then a bedroom type space with the bed and another tv. The living area with couch was badly stained and smelt horrible. The floor was stained and the under side of the couch had dust piled so high I personally cleaned it. The window seal was caked with dust and paint splattered all over it. The bed was pretty comfortable although you had to lay in the middle as the mattress was caving in towards the middle from all guest sleeping in the same spot. Maybe time for a mattress turn or a new one all together. If I was traveling with another guest, the bed would have been an issue. The Lobby bar was over priced but as to be expected in DC hotel. The elevator's very terribly slow and often waited 10 min or more to get up or down. The hotel is connected to many food court options below the hotel and also the metro. All in all, the stay was very avg.

Room Tip: The higher the better..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A while back, past 2012, when i was still living in Maryland, my family and I decided to go on a trip because there was a small convention just enough to take up maybe 2-3 ballrooms. It was a spur of the moment, we didn't get in till late because of some personal complications, yet when we arrived we were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome, it was very busy at the time, but no one seemed to be stressed and nothing seemed or looked out of control. We're off to a great start. Next our room keys were handed to us quickly after my parents just booked at room right as we got there. The rooms were clean and neat. The elevators we're also responding quickly for constant use, which is always a great thing. If i ever get the chance to go back to Maryland and or Virgina, this will be the first place i look for rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hi:
I had a Dinner Meeting at Crystal Gateway Marriott on 05/07/2013 at 7:30 P.M. The group was around 100 people. I had a vegetarian dinner ticket. Even before the dinner started, I called out the head of the waiters and specifically showed him my vegetarian ticket. He casually asked me to place it on my table. Then dinner started arriving. Every one else in the table started eating and almost finished. Still I did not get my plate. Adding insult to injury, I started eating the salad, and the bread. Alas! The bread was so cold as if they were just taken out of the refrigerator. After all the others finished, I got my plate. Thye took almost 30 minutes to cook some pasta with 2-3 pieces of zuchchini. Even this food was luke-warm. It appears that the chef must have prepared it and placed it somewhere, and the waiters totally forgot about it.
The service of the kitchen staff is extremely poor. I doubt whether I will go there again or recommend another meeting at this hotel.

Thanks.
Sincerely
RSV

Room Tip: This hotel is not a good place to hold dinner meetings. The staff cannot handle a big crowd.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a large hotel that easily accommodated a meeting of 2,000 people, though it is spread out. Rooms are fine. The "convention food" was excellent in the group setting. They did it well. I generally prefer Marriott over other chain hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business