“Manager was very rude.” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% off
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Manager was very rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here unless you need the location. They don't honor their rates. I showed up to check in and they wouldn't honor my rate. They changed the rate and I had no choice but to accept it. The manager was extremely rude and unhelpful. Told me that I was stuck with a rate that was triple what I booked it for and had proof of. I always try to stay at Marriott but never again at this Marriott. Entire staff took the same attitude as the manager. They were all rude and not willing to help. Every time you asked a question they acted like it was a huge inconvenience to answer it. Find somewhere else to stay. This hotel doesn't deserve the honor of being a Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Was at this hotel on business for 4 days. Vey nice large hotel. Has a underground walkway to shops and restaurants. You can practically walk underground and come out at several points including crystal drive. Conference area was very nice and well organized. One thing I did not like was the last day of the conference coffee was horrible. Tasted the same in the restaurant. The other two days it tasted very good. The last day it tasted as if the only made it with half the coffee; very watery. No other complaints. Rooms were nice and roomy. Oh my irin did not work, but it was replaced right away.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days on business and was not impressed. The hotel is very large and the room I was large but oddly shaped. The room did feature a small living room with couch and tv and then a bedroom type space with the bed and another tv. The living area with couch was badly stained and smelt horrible. The floor was stained and the under side of the couch had dust piled so high I personally cleaned it. The window seal was caked with dust and paint splattered all over it. The bed was pretty comfortable although you had to lay in the middle as the mattress was caving in towards the middle from all guest sleeping in the same spot. Maybe time for a mattress turn or a new one all together. If I was traveling with another guest, the bed would have been an issue. The Lobby bar was over priced but as to be expected in DC hotel. The elevator's very terribly slow and often waited 10 min or more to get up or down. The hotel is connected to many food court options below the hotel and also the metro. All in all, the stay was very avg.

Room Tip: The higher the better..
Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A while back, past 2012, when i was still living in Maryland, my family and I decided to go on a trip because there was a small convention just enough to take up maybe 2-3 ballrooms. It was a spur of the moment, we didn't get in till late because of some personal complications, yet when we arrived we were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome, it was very busy at the time, but no one seemed to be stressed and nothing seemed or looked out of control. We're off to a great start. Next our room keys were handed to us quickly after my parents just booked at room right as we got there. The rooms were clean and neat. The elevators we're also responding quickly for constant use, which is always a great thing. If i ever get the chance to go back to Maryland and or Virgina, this will be the first place i look for rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hi:
I had a Dinner Meeting at Crystal Gateway Marriott on 05/07/2013 at 7:30 P.M. The group was around 100 people. I had a vegetarian dinner ticket. Even before the dinner started, I called out the head of the waiters and specifically showed him my vegetarian ticket. He casually asked me to place it on my table. Then dinner started arriving. Every one else in the table started eating and almost finished. Still I did not get my plate. Adding insult to injury, I started eating the salad, and the bread. Alas! The bread was so cold as if they were just taken out of the refrigerator. After all the others finished, I got my plate. Thye took almost 30 minutes to cook some pasta with 2-3 pieces of zuchchini. Even this food was luke-warm. It appears that the chef must have prepared it and placed it somewhere, and the waiters totally forgot about it.
The service of the kitchen staff is extremely poor. I doubt whether I will go there again or recommend another meeting at this hotel.

Thanks.
Sincerely
RSV

Room Tip: This hotel is not a good place to hold dinner meetings. The staff cannot handle a big crowd.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a large hotel that easily accommodated a meeting of 2,000 people, though it is spread out. Rooms are fine. The "convention food" was excellent in the group setting. They did it well. I generally prefer Marriott over other chain hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is located near Washington, DC and close to public transportation. The Yellow and Blue Metro lines are a few minute walk through a connecting passage. Taxi rides were expensive because Virginia cabs cannot pick up fares in DC and so add an extra charge and DC cabs cannot pick up passengers in Virginia so there is again extra charges. Just a heads up if you stay at the hotel. As for the Hotel, my friend and I stayed at the Hotel for a conference and got great rate, 191.00 a night. In comparison to other Hotels I have stayed in the rooms were adequate, large king bed, but was to soft for sleeping soundly. One recommendation if you stay here and have any allergies make sure the pillows are not feathered, I believe they are standard in the rooms. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the household staff did an excellent job in taking the care of the room. The rooms were lacking a safe and refrigerator, perhaps this is a minor complaint. One problem was the concierge provided a map of the local area that was completely wrong and my friend and I wandered around for a long time looking for the restaurant we had reservations in. Also, we were given wrong information about the Metro. The adjoining restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch. The meeting rooms were rather cold but the hotel did warn us about that so we were prepared. The fitness room had free weights, a few weight machines, treadmills, cross trainers, and bikes and had towels, water, and monitors on the machines, but bring your own headphones. Overall, the experience was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Crystal Gateway? Share your experiences!