Hotel is located near Washington, DC and close to public transportation. The Yellow and Blue Metro lines are a few minute walk through a connecting passage. Taxi rides were expensive because Virginia cabs cannot pick up fares in DC and so add an extra charge and DC cabs cannot pick up passengers in Virginia so there is again extra charges. Just a heads up if you stay at the hotel. As for the Hotel, my friend and I stayed at the Hotel for a conference and got great rate, 191.00 a night. In comparison to other Hotels I have stayed in the rooms were adequate, large king bed, but was to soft for sleeping soundly. One recommendation if you stay here and have any allergies make sure the pillows are not feathered, I believe they are standard in the rooms. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the household staff did an excellent job in taking the care of the room. The rooms were lacking a safe and refrigerator, perhaps this is a minor complaint. One problem was the concierge provided a map of the local area that was completely wrong and my friend and I wandered around for a long time looking for the restaurant we had reservations in. Also, we were given wrong information about the Metro. The adjoining restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch. The meeting rooms were rather cold but the hotel did warn us about that so we were prepared. The fitness room had free weights, a few weight machines, treadmills, cross trainers, and bikes and had towels, water, and monitors on the machines, but bring your own headphones. Overall, the experience was pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott