Overall, this is actually a pretty good hotel, so I had to rate it at least average. However, the accumulation of little things (it's always the little things, isn't it?) made it a "not to be repeated" experience for me.
One very unexpected annoyance was the pillows. We were restricted to one enormous hard pillow and one tiny soft pillow, and there was no way I could get a comfortable combination out to them. Stayed here three nights and had no luck either getting more pillows or figuring out how to make these work.
Another problem was the poor bathroom layout. While in the shower, there is no place for your towel located anywhere close to the tub. Even without a shelf, you would think they could at least put a hook on the wall somewhere.
Parking is also a bit of a nuisance. Self-parking costs $24 a day, which is to be expected here, but the hotel is split into two towers with two separate elevator systems and separate parking garages. You can't get from one to the other except through the lobby, and it would have been nice if the front desk could have told me which tower I was in when I checked in. There is no indication of which side you're on except a couple of small signs that let you decode it from your room number. Naturally, the obvious entrance to the garage area was for the tower my room was not in.
On the plus side, this place is very convenient to the Metro and Crystal City shops, which is definitely a good thing. Also, there is an Einstein Bros. bagel shop in the lobby. While they get overwhelmed at times with convention customers, they deal with it pretty well, and the food and coffee are excellent. Too bad they are only open in the morning.
On my next trip to this area, I will look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Crystal Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.