Just returned from a great weekend trip to DC - weather was perfect. I stayed at the Marriott Gateway in Crystal City with a great weekend rate ($109 included breakfast every morning for two) with my 4 year old son and my mother. The rooms were a touch small for hte three of us, but very comfortable. At checkin, Jim honored my request for a high floor with a view of DC and promptly checked us in. The hotel is so easy to get to from Reagan airport and also has very convenient access to the Metro - don't have to step outside to get to it! The morning breakfast buffet was very good - fresh waffles, omelettes cooked to order, and plenty of fresh/ripe fruit. The service was always very friendly and attentive without being pushy. My son loved the pool - we swam in it every day..the only problem we encountered was one evening, the life guard on duty wouldn't let my son get in the hot tub as they stated the policy was 16 years or older..thought this was only when a child was swimming alone, but the life guard felt it applied regardless whether I supervised or not (can't really hold this against the hotel, as perhaps it's a state law or policy or something?).
Props go out to Keisha Ellis - the manager on duty while checking out. I had a Marriott gift card that one of the staff refused to honor for some reason. I had received this card from my visa gifts program, and the person indicated it could only be used for certain rate codes? WTF? The visa gift card company indicated it could be used at any Marriott and was good as cash. When I asked to speak to a manager, Keisha came over and resolved the matter smoothly and very politely.
All in all - our trip to DC was comfortable, fun, and I definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott