We spent a few days at the Marriott Crystal Gateway hotel during the NCAA March Madness. Several of the participating teams stayed on property, and the lobby was ALWAYS busy but we were never disturbed by the groups in the hotel.
Due to Marriott elite status, we had access to the Concierge lounge though our room was not on the same floor. The evening spread was nice, and the honor bar was available until 10 p.m. The breakfast was a basic continental: breads, fruits, yogurts, cereals, juices. A pan of scrambled eggs was also in the buffet.
Water and cokes are always available however, not after breakfast on Friday. The room is locked throughout the weekend. The price of the room per night was pricey enough, so it would have been nice to have beverage service throughout the weekend.
The room was nice, no great views but you are in a basic business park with many high rise apartment complexes.
There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, along with a Costco, and shopping mall. Anything you would need to purchase while traveling is easy to find.
Within the walk to the Metro, we passed a Rite Aid pharmacy and convenience store, along with restaurants and a Dunkin' Donuts.
A short Metro ride into the city puts you in the middle of all of the museums and sights of DC. A similar cab ride costs less than $10.
Ask about the airport shuttle which is complimentary.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Fareportal , Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott Crystal Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.