“Birthday Celebration Freebie” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Virginia
“Birthday Celebration Freebie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just had to take them up on their birthday promotion where the celebrant gets his meal for free -- well actually, we got $11 off the bill. Not bad. They start the meal with a free salad. We had the deep fried fish -- yummy for about $24 I think and it was much bigger and better than our other favorite Thai Square restaurant. Pad Thai was okay, and for appetizers we had the Tofu Tod -- deep fried tofu and dip it into their sauce. All good. We have been here before, on a Groupon Deal. And we liked the curry dishes as well. Though the Tom Yum soup was only ok, needed more kick to it.

Easy to visit, as there is parking in the building for just $1 in the evenings, or free if you an get street parking.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Another great go-to for Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ballston is changing since I first visited in the early 00's, but one thing hasn't changed. Great Thai food! My bf and I make it about 75% of our diet. This place is really good. I think we must have been Thai people in a previous life.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Authentic Thai at Great Prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was the first time visiting Bangkok Bistro, and it lived up to the hype. We made reservations but found no tables available when we arrived. However, only a few minutes' wait and a table was created for us to the side of the regular dining area. Service was fantastic, the kitchen was efficient, the meals were authentic Thai, and the prices were a bargain.

We will definitely return for another visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“BB at Ballston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Thai restaurant is a very nice, cozy but affordable price, clean and pleasant restaurant to go to if you are thinking of an authentic thai food to eat. From the owner/manager down to their staff, you'll feel welcome as soon as you come in the door. With all smiles they will seat you to the table. I had a very nice experience here with my friends and co-workers when we had a get together one Friday evening. The manager even gave us a free appetizer to start with. We really enjoyed the food and we had fun. My friends went home with smile on our face.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington Virrginia, USA
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went with my husband for my birtdhay to used their promotion, eat Free on your birthday. The service and the food was very good, The Drunken Noodle and Pad See Eeow were delicious, and the best of the best was my Desert (mango with sweet sticky rice). Thank you to BB@B

• Visited December 2012