“Good clean and a great view of the Potomac” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
The Windy City, USA
“Good clean and a great view of the Potomac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here with my mom for our sorority's centennial celebration. We opted to stay in Arlington because of the proximity to Georgetown and the PRICE!! We couldn't afford to stay in DC so we chose this location which is RIGHT across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. Our first night we walked across and got dinner and dessert and nail polish! The hotel itself is pretty standard...I mean it's a Holiday Inn. Room was clean and spacious, bed was comfy, great pillows, nice balcony and GREAT VIEW of the river! We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant our last day and decided we hadn't missed much there. Don't get me wrong, it served its purpose but wasn't anything to write home about. They DID have an great selection of breafast items though...try it out yourself!

Room Tip: We asked to stay away from the elevator.....I suggest you do the same.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear CurlyCaramelCutie,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and provide feedback for your your stay at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. I'm glad the stay was convenient for you, and we look forward to having you back here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I write intriguing because that is the best way to describe my mixed feelings about this hotel. It is very reasonably priced for a D.C. hotel and reasonably appointed considering the price. Clearly its' biggest advantage is free parking which is an essential ingredient in its popularity. It is fairly noisy, even on the 10th floor where I recently stayed. One side faces highways, the other a very congested downtown business district. The halls and room on the 10th floor have a definite odd musty odor. Its not overpowering so, again, in consideration of the price point in D.C., I'm not sure you could ask for more.

The room was clean and the most important aspect, the beds, were comfortable, supportive and clean. Echoing other reviews, the rooms are tight. The bathrooms are especially tight. A plump person may find the squeeze uncomfortable. Although clean, the bath was in grave need of renovation. There was no shortage of caulking around the tub/shower. No hairdryer is supplied which I thought a bit odd.

When requesting additional towels and shampoo, we were told there was no one in housekeeping so we would need to come to the desk for the items.

Other reviews mentioned woes over inconsistent wireless and television. I cannot speak to the television but the wireless internet signal was strong, consistent and fast.

I did utilize guest laundry and found it adequate and clean.

The fitness room was a huge disappointment. While appearing to be amply equipped, in fact all three treadmills were broken. Two had electronic issues and would not run at all and the third had a huge tear in the belt rendering it unusable. The elliptical worked fine.

Breakfast we were charged for as it was not included with our room price. It was fairly pricey but the food was far better than your typical free breakfast buffet at many hotels. Freshly scrambled eggs, cooked oatmeal, fresh cut fruit and bananas, english muffins, toast and pastries. I believe I also noticed bacon but being a health food connoisseur, I did not take any. The 360 degree view from the 17th floor restaurant is astounding. Most tables are along the huge floor to ceiling window walls. The wait staff was efficient and quite friendly. Coffee is good - not Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks but certainly full bodied.

Location: good for access to the Metro and Georgetown but a bit of a ride to the Mall or Capitol area.

I am staying here again in another week. This visit will be for four days. I will ask for a different floor, the most recently renovated room, a quiet room (if there is such a thing on the highway) and hope the fitness center is in better shape!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear w s,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from the roads and the room size prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate your positive comments as well as the high scores for Sleep Quality and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel was everything and more than we'd hoped for. We arrived late due to poor road conditions, with only 5 minutes until the dining area closed, the staff was quick to take our order and serve us. The views were amazing from both our room and the restaurant. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I would stay here again without question! Absolutely perfect :)

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a higher floor...the views are awesome :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 85Travelers,

We're are glad to hear your stay here at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn was all you'd hoped for. I'm happy to hear the restaurant staff was attentive, and able to help. I will relay your positive news to them. We look forward to having you back soon!!!

Thanks again,
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is very decent. Great view, very close to DC without being too close and priced fairly reasonably at least when I stayed there. Good workout facilities, nice rooms definitely would stay there again. the restaurant is horrible, ordered seafood and it was raw in the middle, big time gag. Plus the people running the restaurant really acted like they didn't want to be there, can't say i blame them, but come on, with a menu priced at what they charge, you could at least fake it a little. Must have been a different crew for breakfast, because that was ok

Dear fallsfireryan,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and provide us with valuable feedback here at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. I'm glad to hear your stay was pleasant overall. I apologize about your experience in our restaurant. I will make sure all the appropriate parties are notified of your experience (good and bad), and will use your valuable insight to improve. We take pride in having high standards, and to hear that our guest had that type of experience is unacceptable.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here because my family was attending my grandparents services at Arlington National Cemetery. The hotel was really nice. I stayed In a room on the 7th floor which was really nice also. You could watch the planes landing and taking off from the balcony. The Metro and restaurants are within walking distance to the hotel. This hotel is in a great location and if I am ever in the area again I will stay here.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Dan7702,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We value all feedback, and appreciate your valuable contributions. We look forward to seeing you here at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn in the near future.

Thanks again,
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that in general, I am a fan of Holiday Inns for their value pricing in big cities, coupled with nice accomodations. This would be at the bottom of my rankings of HI stays over the past 2 years. While the amenities are there, the management staff doesn't seem to decidate care to the details of some key items that their guests observe.
I was attending professional training within the building, so it just made sense to stay here for convienences sake. Here are some pro's and cons:

PROS-
GREAT location! You are 2 easy blocks from Rosslyn metro stop which can get you directly into the sites of DC, or back out to the airport all one line.
-Locally, it's a nice jaunt over the Key Bridge and you are in Georgetown neighborhood which plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping to keep one out of trouble.
-All rooms come with a balcony.
-Front Desk service

CONS -
- Restaurant Service. Even WITH the free breakfast buffet incentive, I only had the buffet one of the mornings of my stay. The server dropped a pot of coffee on my table, didn't offer any help or explanation about the buffet AND had the gall to pick up his tip before I was even done eating...(w/out checking if I needed anything).
As part of my training class, we got a lunch buffet upstairs as well. The bus staff did a great job. I couldn't figure out what the wait staff did as they pretty much stood around.
-Fitness Center upkeep. Machines are actually in good shape. But both times I went, there was neither a towel nor handywipe (for machines) to be found. I gave them a pass for a sunday in January, but during the week? No towels when you even have a towel bin? Disgusting.
-Questionnable upkeep. In the 5 nights I was there, the nice 42' tv completely lost service one day that maintance had to step in.

To note, I loved the location, but I would pay a little more and stay up the road at the Hyatt for better quality.

Room Tip: Watch staying on 16. You are right underneath the restaurant/kitchen. Even in a high rise building...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear HHdreamin,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are very pleased our location suited your travel well. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My first time to Virginia/Washington. The hotel was booked for me so I did not choose this myself. The room was very clean indeed but the bathroom was dated and small. I had a nice view across the Potomac River. Did not have time for sightseeing but it was very close to our offices. Staff were friendly too. The bed was very comfortable as well. Basic room amenities.

Room Tip: Although I had a view, you might want to ask for a room further away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear YorkshireLass04,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms being clean with nice view, and beds comfortable. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.