Let me preface this by saying that in general, I am a fan of Holiday Inns for their value pricing in big cities, coupled with nice accomodations. This would be at the bottom of my rankings of HI stays over the past 2 years. While the amenities are there, the management staff doesn't seem to decidate care to the details of some key items that their guests observe.
I was attending professional training within the building, so it just made sense to stay here for convienences sake. Here are some pro's and cons:
GREAT location! You are 2 easy blocks from Rosslyn metro stop which can get you directly into the sites of DC, or back out to the airport all one line.
-Locally, it's a nice jaunt over the Key Bridge and you are in Georgetown neighborhood which plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping to keep one out of trouble.
-All rooms come with a balcony.
-Front Desk service
- Restaurant Service. Even WITH the free breakfast buffet incentive, I only had the buffet one of the mornings of my stay. The server dropped a pot of coffee on my table, didn't offer any help or explanation about the buffet AND had the gall to pick up his tip before I was even done eating...(w/out checking if I needed anything).
As part of my training class, we got a lunch buffet upstairs as well. The bus staff did a great job. I couldn't figure out what the wait staff did as they pretty much stood around.
-Fitness Center upkeep. Machines are actually in good shape. But both times I went, there was neither a towel nor handywipe (for machines) to be found. I gave them a pass for a sunday in January, but during the week? No towels when you even have a towel bin? Disgusting.
-Questionnable upkeep. In the 5 nights I was there, the nice 42' tv completely lost service one day that maintance had to step in.
To note, I loved the location, but I would pay a little more and stay up the road at the Hyatt for better quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Washington, DC and adjacent to historic Georgetown , the Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge lies aside the Potomac River across from the Francis Scott Key Bridge. The hotel offers guests complimentary indoor parking, a Washington, DC hotel rarity; a fitness center ; wireless high-speed Internet ; an indoor pool ; as well as a business center. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the nation's capital from your own private balcony in one of our 307 guest rooms. Reagan National Airport , the Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and numerous shopping malls are within 3 miles of Holiday Inn Rosslyn. The Rosslyn Metro Station is less than 2 blocks away and gives travelers convenient access to all the major business and leisure destinations in the Washington, DC, Arlington and Crystal City areas. Visit the Smithsonian museums, White House, Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. After working or sightseeing, enjoy fine dining along with a spectacular panoramic view of Washington, DC, the Potomac River and the Rosslyn business district at the Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant, where Kids Eat Free! Then unwind at the hotel's Point After Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Va
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn