“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel which offers free parking. My room was clean and spacious and I had a balcony which was amazing. My only complaint was the TV service....I could only get about 5 channels....I will stay again due to free parking but I'm hoping the TV service issue would have been addressed....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear tad021478,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm glad you had a nice, comfortable stay. I apologize about the TV service. We were experiencing some service issues with our local provider in January. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Short family get-away to DC. This hotel met almost all criteria. Very reasonably priced, free parking and only a block from the Metro. All employees were helpful and courteous, The room itself was very clean and comfortable - the beds, the pillows and especially the armchair for reading. Free wireless internet easy to access, and loved the balcony for fresh air (briefly as the weather was brutally cold). The room is a little dated, the bathroom in particular, and water pressure from the bathroom sink was very low but OK in the sink outside of the bathroom. Did not have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant (with our priority club discount breakfast would have still cost over $35 so we passed) but the coffee shop was very reasonably priced and had a good variety of snacks and take out items. The gym was surprisingly large and the pool area clean and supervised by a lifeguard.
The hotel is within walking distance to a couple of sit down restaurants, fast food and drug stores and a short drive to Georgetown. Highly recommend if you are on a budget. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mdbittle,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm glad we were able to satisfy your staying criteria. I appreciate the feedback about the bathrooms and water pressure. I'll make sure those get directed to the correct department, and handled right away. We look forward to having you and your family back soon.

South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We decided to stay here for two days while we were on a small vacation to DC. The hotel employees are all very friendly and helpful as we checked in at the front desk. We ended up staying on the 7th floor. The rooms are a little dated. The doors and furniture are a bit worn. The bathroom was very small and the door didn't latch. You can tell the place hasn't been updated for a while. Aside from that everything was very clean and tidy. The hotel has an attached parking garage with direct access to the main lobby.

The location is fantastic. The Metro station is a block up the road which gives you access to DC and most other outlying areas. Arlington's Wilson Blvd is a couple blocks from the hotel. There are literally dozens of restaurants and cafes to choose from. If you don't want to leave the hotel there is a small Starbucks style coffee bar on the second floor. The recreation area is also very nice.

For the price and location I would recommend for anyone on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are quieter. All north facing rooms get lots of noise from the crowded boulevard...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear harry1125 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. Happy to hear we were convenient for your needs, and our staff was helpful. We have recently been through some renovation periods, so hopefully your stay next time will be more up to date. We look forward to having you back in the future, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly with any future requests.

Thanks again,
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here with family between Christmas and New Year, the main aim to visit DC and Georgetown. The hotel itself is very well located for the Metro, with Arlington Cemetery within an easy walking distance. Rather disappointing to see people engaged in cellphone conversation whilst walking around the cemetery but there you go. Hotel beds very comfortable, room spacious for family of four, no issues with A/C or heating as described elsewhere. Highlight was the breakfast which was included in my booking via Venere, served on 17th floor with good panoramic views of the district. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bristolcitytillidie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. Sorry to hear about your experience at Arlington National Cemetery. Glad we were able to make your stay convenient for your needs, and delighted to here you enjoyed our restaurant with the view. We look forward to having you back, and please call us with anything needed.

Thanks again,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived at midnight after working all day. Got to Hotel and spent 10 minutes finding parking space. No directions from front desk other than follow signs. Poor parking!
Got to room and turned on AC and passed out from long day. Woke at 2 am drenched in sweat. Checked Thermostat and it said AC was on and should go to 68 degrees. Finally after waking again at 4 am in a sweat I called front desk. He told me that there was NO AC! They had shut it off for the winter??? What? No AC? He wasn't lying. They shut it off for the winter. I have traveled 175 nights a year the last two years. Never seen this before. The worst part was no one at the front desk and no signs in room indicated that they ONLY way to cool the room anytime was to open the sliding door to balcony. In downtown Arlington, VA? Sleep all night with door open? Wow! After leaving and asking for a refund in my room I got an email from the mgr Chris who offered me to stay another night on him. Like I am going back there! Stay away unless it is all you cAn find.
He

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Ebrundo,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cornelia, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for a winter vacation to the Capitol. The rate, location, and chain were what attracted me towards this property. Pro's: Clean rooms, no bedbugs, fast elevators, good restaurant, location near Rosslyn metro stop, housekeeping was great. I'm a "glass half-full" person and don't like to report the bad. But I value others options and choose properties /attractions based on them so I will be honest. Being an old building, there are no individual heat/ac units in the rooms. When the heat has been turned on for the building, it is on. There is no ac available. When we first got in our room, it was at least 85 degrees. After having no luck getting the temperature control to cool the room, I called the front desk and was told to open the door to the balcony, after which we could experience every take off from Reagan airport, and every car going by downstairs. Closed the window before going to bed and woke up an hour later sweating. Opened the door again (I don't have small kids) with same advantages and disadvantages. Very frustrating. Glad it was winter and their were no bugs as there is no screen door. Then on Sunday night, a big party was going on in one of the meeting rooms with music so loud I could feel the bass on the 8th floor. Held my tongue until 12:20 am. With music getting louder, called the front desk and was told that they would quiet them down. Wrong. At 12:30 I called again and was told the party lasts until 1 am and they can't get them to quiet down. What? At 1:15 Am, the music finally stopped. Apparently, renting out the Parking: parking is free, but garages are very tight and I was glad I didn't have a larger minivan, suv, or pickup. There were other deficiencies in customer service which were corrected, but should not have occurred in the first place. Overall, a bad experience, but I have had worse than this. If I come again with family, I will avoid this property. Hopefully, management can correct the deficiencies and this will be a great place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear EricC173,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate you compliments regarding our hotel having clean rooms, good restaurant, housekeeping great and location superb. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dec 2013 stayed at this hotel because it offered free parking, free breakfast for one guest and 50% off for any other guests, buffet was full lots of options, pretty good, the wait staff was extremely nice. Rooms were pretty comfortable as was bed, clean and neat, not huge but good for a few nights stay. Staff was friendly and helpful, would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear mrsmsmith1,

Thank you taking time to respond. Always nice to get positive feedback. Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have memorable stays. I will relay to them your positive remarks.

Been to Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge? Share your experiences!