My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn while we were visiting DC. I'd read the reviews on here and was concerned about how slow the elevators would be based on those reviews, but we never encountered anything but speedy elevators and we were staying on the 7th floor.
We didn't try out the restaurant on the 17th floor for any meals (based on reviews read here), so I can't comment on that.
The room we had was fine with a balcony overlooking the Key Bridge. We took a metrobus from the Rosslyn Metro (note: the paper fare tickets do not work on buses, so word to the wise there. And the 38B bus that goes into Georgetown arrives right outside the entrance to the Metro and to the right) into Georgetown to visit Georgetown Cupcakes and also had lunch there. After lunch, we worked off lunch by walking back to the hotel over the Key Bridge. It wasn't a bad walk at all, honestly, and was quite pleasant.
I noticed that the bathroom ceiling was quite short. I'm 5'8" and when I raised the hair dryer (which I found under the sink outside the bathroom), I kept banging the hair dryer against the ceiling. Apologies to anyone who was above us for that!
The Rosslyn Metro is a very short two-block walk away. You'll find it easily by all the construction going on outside it. Also, for those scared of heights, you might want to take the elevator because the Rosslyn Metro has the third-longest escalator in the world and it's quite steep. I thought it was quite interesting, but others may not.
All in all, the Holiday Inn Rosslyn was great. Oh, note, if you take the night tour they offer, confirm the price when you sign up for it. All the advertisements said $150 for 3 adults, but we were charged $200 at the end of the tour. I couldn't remember if I had read it right by then, but confirmed what the ad said when I got back to the room, so that was a shame.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Va
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Key Bridge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Washington, DC and adjacent to historic Georgetown , the Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge lies aside the Potomac River across from the Francis Scott Key Bridge. The hotel offers guests complimentary indoor parking, a Washington, DC hotel rarity; a fitness center ; wireless high-speed Internet ; an indoor pool ; as well as a business center. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the nation's capital from your own private balcony in one of our 307 guest rooms. Reagan National Airport , the Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and numerous shopping malls are within 3 miles of Holiday Inn Rosslyn. The Rosslyn Metro Station is less than 2 blocks away and gives travelers convenient access to all the major business and leisure destinations in the Washington, DC, Arlington and Crystal City areas. Visit the Smithsonian museums, White House, Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. After working or sightseeing, enjoy fine dining along with a spectacular panoramic view of Washington, DC, the Potomac River and the Rosslyn business district at the Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant, where Kids Eat Free! Then unwind at the hotel's Point After Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.