“great spot in rosslyn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
MA
“great spot in rosslyn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights and was very happy with the place. It is conveniently located near the Rosslyn metro stop (less than a 5 min walk) and lots of places to eat within 10 min. Really liked the heated indoor pool and free wifi. I was also able to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass at the business center. Other amenities were available, such as mini fridge, fitness center and coin laundry (and free parking!), but I did not get to use them in my short stay.

The room itself was fairly simple, but clean and comfortable, especially the bed. There is even a small balcony for you to go out and enjoy the view. Small downsides included hallways looking a bit old and worn and noise carrying through the walls a bit. But on the whole, it was a good experience and excellent value for the price paid. Would definitely stay there if visiting the area again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on the higher floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnRosslyn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all of your positive feedback. We're very happy to hear that our facility was able to accomodate all of your needs. If you come to the area again don't hesitate to give us a call to help you out with your next reservation. please refer to this reservation if you do so.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

As we were on a driving trip down the Atlantic coast, we chose this hotel based on the availability of free undercover parking, good rates and proximity to Washington attractions, and we were not dissappointed.

We stayed five nights, and found the room had all the amenities that we needed, with a reasonable gym and pool facility. The only downside was slow internet at times. The Rosslyn Metro stop was only 3 or 4 minutes walk up the road, and for approx $2 each way we could get to all attractions on our list - Arlington, White House, Capitol, Library of Congress, Smithsonians, etc in 15 minutes at the most. The hot breakfast got us off to a good start each day (one of a couple gets it free if a Priority Club member - worth enquiring about this?) and the 17th Floor restaurant was reasonably priced for evening meals, and provided great views. There were a few other restaurants in the area, but you needed to know where to look.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positve review of the hotel. We're glad that we had all the amenities for your needs. Next time you are along the atlantic coast please give us a call so we accomodate you again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed Friday 21st and Saturday 22sd of September.

Chose this hotel based on price and location.
If you can book in advance, we payed $89 (can get as low as $82 for certain months).
Hotel website offered same special as my best Internet searches could come up with.

Chose this location for touring Arlington cemetery, Georgetown and memorials on the South-West side of DC. Had a rental car so this hotel was also great because of the free inside parking!

Staff at reception desk were curtious and accommodating. Gave us an executive king room on the 15th with view on the river. Gorgeous! Room was spacious, comfortable and very clean with current and updated decor. I especially liked the extra sink area outside the bathroom.

Signed up for Privilege Membership and received a coupon for a ''two for one'' breakfast at their top floor restaurant with a great view. Selection for buffet was more than adequate for a total of $6. plus tax!

Room Tip: Ask if room is away from elevators.
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all of your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility and found our staff accomodating. Please don't hesitate to give us a call when you come back to the area so we may help you with your reservation.

Camano Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a very nice room - comfortable new bedding and nice furniture. I would definitely stay here again. There were a few downsides. The high speed internet was very slow while surfing. I was able to stream Netflix, but it was very slow when I was trying to check emails and surf around for things to do in the area. I'm not techie but maybe that's spyware or something that attaches to your computer when you get logged in.

The coffee shop was not up to par. I'm from Seattle, so my standards are high--but I have to say an iced latte is beyond what this staff can handle. Also, I didn't have cash so I left a $1 tip on the credit card slip (despite the terrible latte). As I was leaving I heard them groaning behind me, complaining in front of other customers about what to do with the dollar! No good deed goes unpunished, I guess. I quickly figured out there is a Starbucks at the Marriott across the street so I started going there. The room came with a drip coffee maker and the coffee in the room was actually pretty good.

Staff service overall was so-so at best. On my second day, I noticed the sink in the bathroom was coming unglued from the granite counter top. I called in to express my concerns, and never heard back from them. I stayed five nights so by the last night, it was barely hanging by a thread and was held up by the plumbing. This was unnerving and the indifference on the part of the staff was a little shocking. But, there were two sinks in my room so I got by and didn't have to insist on moving.

Overall, except for the bizarre problem with the sink, I was really happy with the room, but the staff were not up to par. If you don't care about the service, then this is a great place to stay that is a short walk away from Georgetown. Also, they have a great gym and pool, and there is a Safeway (grocery store) just a few blocks away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnRosslyn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you liked are hotel even though there were a couple of issues that weren't to your standard. Please allow us to restore your faith in us by helping you out with your next reservation.

Kindest Regards.

Mahopac, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Excellent location for visiting DC. No complaints, it provided me with exactly what I hoped for, a clean room at a reasonable cost. The one block walk to the Metro was a plus for easy commuting around DC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and we hope to see you again in the near future. Please refer to your review when making your next reservation.

Hotel Management.
Edison, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

So we checked in on the 22nd for a one night stay. We chose this to the proximity to the DC and the price was more reasonable than staying in the city. For about 120 plus dollars (forget at the moment) we had some reasonable expectations. Times changed though and the economy is tough I get that.

Anyway, I had only slept and hour and a half the night before the trip and was hoping that after a long day of being sun baked at National bookfest, i could go to the room and sleep well for the long trip back home. WRONG.

Though I know it's not the hotel's fault, the people next door were drinking in the room from 5 PM to 5 AM the next morning! I admit to being ill and decided to stay in and not go out is wimpy but I was ill... and wanted to get a long sleep as we were getting up at 5-6 am. HOWEVER about 10 PM I decided to go to sleep and could not for the guys next door yelling WOOOO every few seconds. First time we complained about 11 PM the hotel did call up to them. They quieted down for less than 5 minutes then got ANGRY at the call and they started going to the door near our and cursing and yelling more making fun of us for calling the desk. My husband started to call again and twice I told him not cause it'd get worse. By 1 am I couldn't take it and told him call down again. They did and noise kept on... so we went down to the front desk in person and i told them I hadn't slept the night before (not their problem I get that) and I'd appreciate if they could do something and I was gonna take a walk to calm down. When we got back they said the guys went out. Fine. I tried to get some sleep (amped up though so took a bit) and I just fall asleep and 3 am they are baaack, this time with a few friends, drinking in the room! Door opened and shut like 12x! LOUD too. Laughing and more woooos. I was worried my hubby would get in an accident on the way home so I went to the lobby cause my whining was keeping him awake... and I went and sat on the couch for an hour. Hubby called down when I was downstairs and they told him "all we can do is send up security". I didn't want problems so... at 5:45 I finally heard silence and got to sleep an h our 15 minutes before having to get up to drive home.

Oh and at 1:50 am the people ABOVE us, two girls at least were on the balcony fighting and so loud! I thought the one was gonna throw her off the damned balcony! I had to yell up for them to settle down.

So I wonder, was this the cheap hotel with nothing but drunk college aged people? Seems so. I'd never go there again. To me, the hotel should not allow drinking in their rooms. And the third time, if the complaint is legit, they should GO UP THERE IN PERSON to assess the situation.

I know that my sleep is not their concern per se, but in some ways, you are there to SLEEP right? Shouldn't I expect I could do that in peace and quiet? And how about finding a door system so the door don't slam so loud. Geez.

I'd not go there. It was the cheapest in the area and I think it brings a lower class clientele.

Oh and the tub is chipped, the bathroom walls stained and the bathroom needed some repairs. For that much money, it should be better kept than that.

On the bright side, the view from the restaurant was nice and the food was okay... at least a decent choice for breakfast. They also don't charge for parking which is refreshing and the lobby is nice. But updates on quiet policy should be made and enforced!

Room Tip: Ask in advance if the hotel is fully booked. Cause if you have a problem like ours and the hotel is...
Dear Values Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize that you had to go through this horrible experience at our location. Please allow us to try to restore your faith in our location by helping you out with your next reservation.

Tolkamer, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Everything in the hotel is old. When entering the hotel it is old furniture and when you arrive in the room its is old. I was there several days. The service is ok. Room size is ok. The bathroom had fungus and that I do not like. For the rest it needs new carpeting and a new bathroom.

I did not get my upgrade and also nothing to compensate for not giving an upgrade. As a platinum member I do expect something extra.

The breakfast was also not very good. I do not complain because it was free but I missed some atractive fruits and basically it was just a warm breakfast because the choice was limited but as said it was free.

Overall the hotel is ok but needs upgrading/renovation. As I understand they started work on that but before it is finished I do not plan to go there again. The price level was not in line in what was given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Jacob_Nu,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club Member and taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am glad that our room accommodations were satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the issues with the bathroom facilities and breakfast served not being at par with your expectations.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us another chance in the future to host you again.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge? Share your experiences!