This hotel is what one expects from Holiday Inn. It is clean, well maintained, with a friendly, helpful staff. The restaurant, on the top floor, has a panoramic view of the city. (To add a little nostalgia, I was able to look across the Potomac at my alma mater, Georgetown University.) The food was tasty, but unremarkable. Again, it is the sort of fare one expects from a hotel like this.
One of the great advantages to staying in Rosslyn is proximity to the Metro. This hotel is about a block and a half from the Rosslyn Metro station which serves the Blue and Orange lines. http://www.wmata.com/index.cfm There are also several bus lines, including the "D.C. Circulator" http://www.dccirculator.com/ that stop nearby. Since Washington--and Virginia--traffic is a nightmare, with expensive parking, it is probably a good idea to get familiar with the public transportation options that are available. In addition, if you plan to make more than five trips on the Metro, it is a good idea to spring for the "Smart-Trip" card. The Metro charges an extra dollar to use the old paper farecards. Finally, it should be remembered that most hotels in the Washington area, including this one, will charge you for the privilege of parking your car overnight. So, in my humble opinion, public transportation is the best way to see the sights in Washington. The Holiday Inn in Rosslyn is a good place to use as your jumping off point.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Va
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Key Bridge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Washington, DC and adjacent to historic Georgetown , the Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge lies aside the Potomac River across from the Francis Scott Key Bridge. The hotel offers guests complimentary indoor parking, a Washington, DC hotel rarity; a fitness center ; wireless high-speed Internet ; an indoor pool ; as well as a business center. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the nation's capital from your own private balcony in one of our 307 guest rooms. Reagan National Airport , the Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and numerous shopping malls are within 3 miles of Holiday Inn Rosslyn. The Rosslyn Metro Station is less than 2 blocks away and gives travelers convenient access to all the major business and leisure destinations in the Washington, DC, Arlington and Crystal City areas. Visit the Smithsonian museums, White House, Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. After working or sightseeing, enjoy fine dining along with a spectacular panoramic view of Washington, DC, the Potomac River and the Rosslyn business district at the Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant, where Kids Eat Free! Then unwind at the hotel's Point After Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.