“2011 VACATION” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 47 hotels in Arlington
STOKE ON TRENT
“2011 VACATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

A good hotel with free parking. Rooms with a view of Washington DC. Good food Very good staff who were very pleased to help you. The location is good within a short walk to the Metro. A good hotel to be based in while visiting Washington

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Washington DC
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

856 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Just what one would expect of a Holiday Inn. Excellent location in Rosslyn just off keybridge - can get into downton DC in 10 mts without and lots of good restaurants nearby. The property itself could do with some renovation - has an old and worn out look. Checkin/checkout was efficient. Internet access was good,
Breakfast on the 19th floor was average but the view was splendid. Overlooks the river.
Functional, convenient and certainly a decent hotel for 1-2 nights in the DC area without having to pay a ransom.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Holiday Inn was an excellent choice. While it wasn't 5 star, it was definitely nice. It was clean, the staff was friendly, the amenities were excellent, and the price was very reasonable. I could give it 4 stars. And I do not think you could get 5 stars at this price anyways. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC or Arlington.
Our package through booking.com included free breakfast, which was definitely a major plus. It made breakfast convenient and save us a lot of $. This option was not part of every site you booked through, so you have to look for it. This hotel also offered free parking, which again saved us a good chunk of change over some other places that charged.
The hotel is located in a clean businessy type area that you can feel relatively safe in. It is only 2 about blocks from the metro (<5 min walk) that takes you into DC and other surrounding areas.
The pool, exercise room, and business center were never crowded.
All-in-all I was very happy with my stay here. I would send anyone there but the most pickiest of people (i.e.snobby). While it isn't "posh" it certainly is not as bad as a few reviews here. The decor is certainly NOT 70's...but not brand new either. Probably 90's, and it did have a nice flat screen with 70 channels. There were minor signs of wear, but all in all very nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors closer to restaurant, lower floors closer to pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
St. Clair
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

October 2, 2011. Enjoyed the view and food on the 17th floor. Dined there 4 nights. However, the room was something else. The bathroom door looked like an animal had dinner, there were black mold spots around the tub, the AC vent was black and dirty looking. The view was great from the 8th floor once we opened the sliding glass doors which were filthy. The maids did a good job. It's not there fault they had to work around dirty and torn wallpaper and marked up walls and wood trim. I don't think it's right to put up a "Forgive our ongoing remodeling" and not charge some kind of discount. Even with a discount, I would not recommend staying here until the rooms are remodeled. Just not what we expected from a Holiday Inn. Location was great, however.

Room Tip: Our first room on the 4th floor overlooked a garage roof. Ask for a Potomac River view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Business travels should run unless you like the 70’s look and feel. The Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge features outdated common areas-a broken ice machine on the 14th floor (supposedly an Executive Floor but nothing Executive about it)-vending machines on several floors that dispense diet Pepsi when you select water, noisy rooms -had folks drilling into my hotel room door @ 8:45am without prior notice- and a buffet breakfast rivaled only by mess hall grubs. Management seems to spend more time defending the property instead of solving problems. I was offered a free room for bringing these issues to management but turned it down. Would never stay at this hotel again.
Platinum Ambassador-Priority Club

Room Tip: Would not stay at this property again.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Following is the email I sent to our guest after hearing of his issues at the hotel. To any potential guests all of our rooms will be completely renovated by the end of the year. Also our FREE buffett breakfast(with priority club membership, you can sign up at the desk) is well thought of by previous patrons of the hotel. Please take a moment to look through the previous comments, thank you.

Good morning __________:

I am writing in response to your guest relations case. We
appreciate the feedback in which you have given us, it's through this sort
of feedback that we can improve as a hotel. I looked at your reservation
and saw the following requests, a high floor, river view, late arrival, and
late checkout. The room in which you were in, 1412, covers all of these
requests. I apologize for the inconvenience of the ice machine and work
done to put in new door locks. Obviously, our locks were a problem in which
we needed to address. Concerning your comments about our lobby and common
areas we've begun to address the areas in our hotel renovations with the
70" flat screen TV, digital readerboard, flight board, and touch screen
concierges. Our next step will be the replacement of furniture and
carpeting.

While I see the request for a partial refund($300), we will not be able to
offer that. The guest relations case is noted as requests not honored,
which as I noted above we fulfilled those requests. However, since you've stayed with us on 4
different occasions I'd like to offer you a complimentary night stay with
us in the future. Our goal is to restore your faith in our property,
possibly when it's completely renovated. I hope that you take us up on this
offer.

Kindest Regards,

Holiday Inn Management
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Let me just say I did not have very high expectation, but this hotel exceeds my expectation and some. I was a little worried when I read about the tired and old accommodations in this hotel, but booked it anyway because it was the only reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location. I signed up for the loyalty program, and upon arrival the front desk promptly upgraded me to an executive King room facing the river. The daily breakfast buffet is comped, and I even got a coupon of 20% off for Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant. I am also impressed with the fact that there is always a lifeguard on duty at the pool, and the fact that the fitness room is adjacent to the pool with someone on guard also makes me feel much safer when working out at night. I also found the Vantage restaurant to be very satisfying. The entree includes salad, fresh hot bread, baked potato, and sauté vegetables. For $20+ you can have a very filling meal with all the extras, very reasonable. Last but not the least, free parking is great in an area where most hotels charge for parking. Some people complained that this place is not a 4 star establishment... Well, I think for the price, this hotel is a jewel.

The only complaint I have is the A/C in the room. It's very loud but turning the fan down to medium muted it somewhat. Also, bathroom is not the best. It looks like renovation is done to replace the countertop, but not the wood cabinet and door. Also, the soap holder is the shower could use updates. The worn wood and soap holder kind of detracted the nice new granite countertop.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind score and feedback, we appreciate it!
Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My teenager daughters and I took a 4.5 day trip to DC and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was within walking distance of the Metro and great restaurants (including a McDonald's, which teenagers prefer). It was also near the Iwo Jima memorial, Arlington Cemetery, as well as a nice walk to Georgetown University and the shopping district. It was nice staying outside of DC.

The hotel was nice. Our room had a decent view of the city. Staff was friendly. The only down side was the expensive little coffee shop. Fortunately, there was a CVS at the Metro station- only a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel, where we stocked up on snacks and bottled water.

I gave the hotel an average rating because nothing really stood out. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, as hotels should be. Staff was friendly and helpful with tourist information when checking in.

This hotel did not have an airport shuttle service or continental breakfast. There is a lovely restaurant upstairs with panoramic views of Virginia.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Just a tip: keep your Metro card away from your cell phones. The phone will deactivate the strip on the back of the card. I learned this the hard way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge? Share your experiences!