Every year for Memorial Day weekend, my hubby and I stay at this hotel along with any number of couples that we may be traveling with. We participate in the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally and run that takes place on Memorial Day (if you've never been to DC, go on a patriotic holiday like this, it's the only way to spend Memorial Day, and you will go home a forever patriot!!!). This is the largest rally each year in DC, and unarguably, the bikes are the loudest you'll ever bear witness to. The whole city rumbles. Nevertheless, the Holiday Inn staff are pleasant to EVERY patron, biker or not.
The Hotel itself is in a TERRIFIC location just over the Francis Scott Key Bridge from Georgetown--the hippest neighborhood in DC, and half of the hotel rooms have a beautiful view of the Potomac River from the balcony (be sure to request a river side room). If you're a biker, this location is excellent because it's right off of Route 66, down the road from Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon, not to mention the scenic George Washington Memorial Parkway as well as the lovely Rock Creek Parkway--both great rides!
The hotel has an indoor pool, and the top floor (great views!) restaurant is good with a big breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, toast, fruit, yogurt, granola...). BIG TIP: call ahead and sign up for Priority Club membership (free), and with that you'll build up points, but more importantly, you get FREE breakfast upstairs at the restaurant, and a discount on dinner. The service is friendly, food is good/great.
There is a subway nearby that will take you in to town and to the Pentagon, but I never used it, so I can't recommend it, but a friend did use it once and said it was clean and easy to follow.
The rooms are very clean, and many, if not most, have been recently renovated. We have had pleasant experiences here for the past 5 years in a row that we've chosen to stay here, and not to mention restful and comfortable sleep. Forget the pricy hotels downtown, this Holiday Inn is the proverbial most-bang-for-your-buck!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Va
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Key Bridge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Washington, DC and adjacent to historic Georgetown , the Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge lies aside the Potomac River across from the Francis Scott Key Bridge. The hotel offers guests complimentary indoor parking, a Washington, DC hotel rarity; a fitness center ; wireless high-speed Internet ; an indoor pool ; as well as a business center. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the nation's capital from your own private balcony in one of our 307 guest rooms. Reagan National Airport , the Pentagon, Capitol Hill, and numerous shopping malls are within 3 miles of Holiday Inn Rosslyn. The Rosslyn Metro Station is less than 2 blocks away and gives travelers convenient access to all the major business and leisure destinations in the Washington, DC, Arlington and Crystal City areas. Visit the Smithsonian museums, White House, Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. After working or sightseeing, enjoy fine dining along with a spectacular panoramic view of Washington, DC, the Potomac River and the Rosslyn business district at the Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant, where Kids Eat Free! Then unwind at the hotel's Point After Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.