“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Washington, DC
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel is located in a perfect spot--right across the Potomac from DC (you can easily walk to Georgetown) and right on top of the Rosslyn Metro Station. I got a great rate and was treated to a clean room with a very comfortable bed. Granted, this hotel is aging a bit, but the staff is friendly and it is kept up nicely. Oh, and free parking. Good luck finding that anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

878 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Plano, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I would recommend this place if you are looking for a good location near DC/.Goergetown and are willing to accept a little compromise for the price. It was essentially a medium walk to Georgetown. Moreover its one of the few places you can get comp parking anywhere this close to DC.
Yes - the property is a little dated - they are remodeling.
Oh - for Priority club elite members - I got a nice upgrade.

Room Tip: Plat stat in the Priority Club program helps.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Great location, if you can stand the musty smell, tired decor and shabby rooms. We told the management that we could not stay and wanted to have are credit card refunded. Management and desk staff were reasonable, but they should not have this room for $249 a night. Bed was a Murphy Bed circa 1970. I know because we have one in our basement. Doors veneer was peeling and the room and hotel had a musty odor. STAY AWAY from this place if you can. You are warned. I am hoping that this is the only room with a Murphy Bed. If you must stay here, make sure you SEE the room first before you check in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

This is the third time we have stayed here when visiting the police memorial in May. The room is a bargain for about $130 on weekends with free parking. Rooms are usually about the same, king bed, desk, couple chairs and balcony. Bathrooms are very small and tight, but there is an extra sink and mirror right outside the bath. We weren't as thrilled with the service this time, asked for extra towels shortly after checking in, they never came. Called the front desk to get a cab and after waiting almost half hour had to ask them to call again (have a feeling no one called the first time). Also disappointed that the breakfast dining hours ended at 9 or 9:30 even on Saturday, wasn't enough time to get up there after a late night out. Other than that, it is close to a subway station and close enough to DC sites that we usually take a cab.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Great things:
Location - Close to Metro, Safeway up the street on Wilson (bit of a walk though), staff was very friendly, room was clean and mine had no smells at all. Enjoyed the free breakfast with the views (really this elevates it at least 1 star for me it was so beautiful and a great way to start the day), they treated me well when I had some loud party folks next door - got me another room quickly without hassle even though it was 1am, free parking was good, exercise room was fine (outdated - but that seems to be the theme for this hotel in general). Toiletries replenished well and room service was great (I mean fantastic!).

Good things to So So things: Kind of expensive for the condition of the hotel IMHO, not too impressed with the little coffee shop - mocha's were not good but the staff was really nice. I did not find the beds comfortable. As I noted above could hear neighbors very well - kind of offputting and annoying at night.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and they did a good job. I'm going back to DC next month - but not staying here. The reason? Cost. I suspect they get mostly business traveler's all week so the prices are quite high. Once a Holiday Inn hits above $250 a night I start to wonder since, frankly, I'd rather stay at a Hilton or Marriot for that kind of money. So I opted to go much cheaper and further out in VA but still metro accessible. I'd stay here again for business though.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnRosslyn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Our hotel is more expensive during the weekdays(same for all in the area), however, we try to include as many "freebies" as possible. These include parking, wi-fi, breakfast(with priority club membership), and upgrades if available. We hope that you choose to stay with us at a later date.

Holiday Inn Rosslyn Management
Pittsburgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

best non-visit ever
First-class Service, Spotless Rooms, Quiet and Restful, Super Location

IF YOU ARE IN THE MOOD FOR A PLEASANT WALK...WALKING FROM THIS HOTEL TO GEORGETOWN, A DIFFICULT PLACE TO PARK, IS QUITE A TREAT

I have stayed at this hotel previously, and always been pleased. The hotel has complimentary parking and a great location across the street from the Rosslyn Metro station.

We planned to be there on a weekend in February 2010 during the miserable storms of that month. During the week previous to our planned weekend visit, someone hit my car (hit and run) while parked, and I did not trust the rental car for the 4 hour + trip to Washington. I called the hotel, I spoke with Chris Raines (the Guest Relations Manager) He was most gracious about allowing us a weekend stay at a future date of our choosing without additional charge.

The following weekend, when we again tried to travel to D.C. , the weather was so bad that parts of the PA turnpike were closed for most of the day. Again Mr. Raines graciously allowed us to chose a future weekend.

We have always liked this hotel. Their understanding and willingness to be flexible just adds to our regard for this property and its staff! It will now be a while before we avail ourselves of the "future stay" but people make or break these facilities, and there is no question that in the case of this hotel, THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF HOSPITALITY!

Up[date: Our actual stay at this hotel was as we anticipated, excellent! Many of the folks at our office stay at this hotel when in D.C. for business. We are all great fans of the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn.

As I write this we are booking this hotel for a future trip in November 2011.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'll be sure to forward the compliments to our staff. We look forward to your next stay!

Holiday Inn Rosslyn Management
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel is a great choice if you have a car, as parking (the garage is below the hotel) is free, though a bit of a tight squeeze for larger vehicles. The room was on a high floor, clean, large and quiet. If you are in the Holiday Inn rewards program then breakfast is included and is served buffet style. The breakfast was a bit chaotic as the staff there were clearly overwhelmed by the number of diners, and i seated myself, got my own coffee, water and cutlery, and was not once asked where I'd come from by any of the waiters or host! I am pleased that I didn't pay for the breakfast as a result, but the food on offer was good, including a hot buffet. The hotel is close to a Metro station and it was only a few stops to the National Mall.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your positive review, we really appreciate it!

Holiday Inn Management

Been to Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge? Share your experiences!