“Solid Thai Takeout” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Arlington, Virginia
“Solid Thai Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is a solid Thai place with great selections and good taste. We got takeout only, so I cannot comment on the atmosphere or service, but they did have the food ready exactly on time.

The food was very good and had great portion sizes. We got a variety of dishes: Shrimp pad thai, spicy beef, eggplant, and drunken chicken. All the dishes had good flavor and were not over-spiced (which is a common problem in American Thai restaurants). However, I think there was a bit too much oil in general in all the dishes. Maybe that happened because it was takeout. I don’t think they needed that much oil to make it tasty. Anyway, there were plenty of yummy leftovers for the next day. They also gave us plenty of rice as side dishes and included chopsticks and other condiments without us asking for it, which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall, we liked it enough that we plan to go there for a sit-down dinner at some point. I would go here for an informal dinner on a weekday or dinner with friends on the weekend.

• Visited June 2011