“Best pizza in DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best pizza in DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I saw this restaurant recommended by the Washington Post and being a fan of Neapolitan pizza decided to give it a try even though it was a bit far for us. Wow! It's real Italian pizza, so if you're more into the American version this restaurant is probably not for you because this is like the real thin crust, very well done pizza they serve in Naples. The menu offers both red and white sauce pizzas with several ingredient combination but also gives you the chance to make your own pizza for a similar price. They also have some Italian entrees like eggplant, some paninis, and a great selection of appetizers including arancini which is really really good. They also offer decent gelato. The place is very casual so don't expect a super nice establishment. At lunchtime you have to order at the front and get your own drinks and silverware, then they waitresses take the food to your table. On the weekends it gets very busy so the pizza can take about 20 minutes to get to your table but the wait is so worth it.
Now, we keep coming back because it's really good. I recommend you try a pizza with provola cheese which is smoked and it gives it a very special taste.
For those complaining about parking there's the huge parking lot of the Safeway right across the street so I can't imagine it being a problem.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burke, Virginia
“Great pizza but shocked by the rude service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and the pizza is very good. I was brought the wrong pizza and the buy boy thought it was ok to tell me that I was wrong. I then brought the receipt to the cashier who also proceeded to tell me that that was what I told her was what I wanted....until I basically put the receipt under her nose. Seriously, the pizza is good, but please don't give me attitude when you are the ones who screwed up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Delicious pizza in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Several friends had raved about the Neapolitan-style pizza at Pupatella. Being somewhat of a pizza connoisseur, I had to try it. My husband and I went there for an early dinner and ordered two pizzas (the menu recommends ordering one pizza per adult - but we each only ate half of ours). We got one Classica and one Buffata (no sauce) and they were delicious - very flavorful. We also ordered the arancini (fried risotto balls with eggplant, $4), which we recommend as an appetizer. The pizzas range in price from $9 to $15. The service is pretty basic: you order at the counter, find a table, and the wait staff brings your food. The restaurant also features gelato, which we'll have to try on our next visit. The restaurant is located in a nondescript neighborhood of Arlington that is mainly dominated by fast food and chain/strip mall eateries, but don't let that deter you. It's well worth the trip!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The pizza is top notch. We tried two different pizzas and they were both a 10/10. They even have a small, but mighty draft beer selection. Add a decent salad to that... And viola, one of the best pizza places in Northern Virginia.

Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Pizza--Awful Parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The pizza is wonderful--and delivered to your table FAST--but the parking is absurd. For some reason, taxies use their parking lot as a waiting area for cab. As a result, your best bet for parking is the Safeway Supermarket across the street (where they do not tow). Is the pizza worth it--heck yes!

• Visited May 2013