“Great pizza but shocked by the rude service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Burke, Virginia
“Great pizza but shocked by the rude service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and the pizza is very good. I was brought the wrong pizza and the buy boy thought it was ok to tell me that I was wrong. I then brought the receipt to the cashier who also proceeded to tell me that that was what I told her was what I wanted....until I basically put the receipt under her nose. Seriously, the pizza is good, but please don't give me attitude when you are the ones who screwed up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Falls Church, Virginia
“Delicious pizza in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Several friends had raved about the Neapolitan-style pizza at Pupatella. Being somewhat of a pizza connoisseur, I had to try it. My husband and I went there for an early dinner and ordered two pizzas (the menu recommends ordering one pizza per adult - but we each only ate half of ours). We got one Classica and one Buffata (no sauce) and they were delicious - very flavorful. We also ordered the arancini (fried risotto balls with eggplant, $4), which we recommend as an appetizer. The pizzas range in price from $9 to $15. The service is pretty basic: you order at the counter, find a table, and the wait staff brings your food. The restaurant also features gelato, which we'll have to try on our next visit. The restaurant is located in a nondescript neighborhood of Arlington that is mainly dominated by fast food and chain/strip mall eateries, but don't let that deter you. It's well worth the trip!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The pizza is top notch. We tried two different pizzas and they were both a 10/10. They even have a small, but mighty draft beer selection. Add a decent salad to that... And viola, one of the best pizza places in Northern Virginia.

Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Pizza--Awful Parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The pizza is wonderful--and delivered to your table FAST--but the parking is absurd. For some reason, taxies use their parking lot as a waiting area for cab. As a result, your best bet for parking is the Safeway Supermarket across the street (where they do not tow). Is the pizza worth it--heck yes!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Just like Italy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My son who lives near this little spot knew how much his Mom likes real Italian style pizza so he treated us last night for Morher's Day. Didn't care for the appetizer sampler we ordered (still don't know what it was), but the salads , pizza and Chianti were excellent. Other than being a bit overwhelmed by arugula on the salad and one of our pizzas, the place was we worth the trip. Four of us split the appetizer sampler, two full size salads, three pizzas, and a bottle of the house Chianti and all left satisfied and full.

• Visited May 2013