“NO COMPLAINTS” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Nairobi, Kenya
“NO COMPLAINTS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Coming from a third world country, it is probably understandable that I do not have much to rave and rant about. I however am not pleased that the rate I reserved a booking on in the net was not the rate I paid at arrival.

Plus people go out of their way to be really unhelpful - then again that is a reaction a black man soon gets used anywhere in the west, everyone expects you to beg or pull out a gun or infect them with meningitis or something

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear JustAnotherFace, Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to Days Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay. We can offer no excuse, but do want to reassure you that your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate members of our staff and steps have been taken to prevent recurrences of this nature in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed during CPAC 2011. The room was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The shower worked well. We ate at a Mediterranean Restaurant for lunch one day and ordered Chinese to go one evening. Both restaurants were less than 50 yards from the back of the hotel. The room was very basic. I would stay again. GREAT value...!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear will295000, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was the single worst experience I've ever had in any hotel. EVER.

The internet was out the entire time I was there. I reported this to the front desk. The front desk failed to contact the internet service provider. I called the ISP, who informed me that they were waiting to hear back from the hotel. Then the manager asked me to help him determine the source of the error in the communications room of the hotel. I then worked over the phone with the ISP to identify and correct the problem, only to find out that a piece of equipment was broken and needed to be replaced in order to get internet service to the hotel. I was on business and desperately needed to have internet access.

I wound up calling the Days Inn customer support number in order to change my reservation to a different hotel, and the customer service representative declined to help (each Days Inn is independently owned and operated, so you can't transfer reservations). I wound up actually leaving the hotel early because of what a miserable experience it was.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I plan to file a better business bureau complaint against the company for this incident. Every component of my hotel stay experience was handled terribly, from my reporting of the problem, to my actually having to talk to the ISP customer service representative myself, to Days Inn customer service refusing to make alternate arrangements. Needless to say, I will never stay at a Days Inn ever again, will deter everyone I ever speak to about this hotel away from this hotel, and will report my awful experience to every online rating service I can find in the hope that nobody ever has to go through what I went through again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear unhappytraveler035, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Hotel average and as a base it is ok. If you are in Washington and like to explore then you won't spend long in hotel. Bed comfortable and tv has many channels. Room standard but needs refurb. Heard another guest complain about security of bathroom window on ground floor. We were on second floor andit was fine. Free shuttle to metro is helpful but some staff not helpful especially when we found out we were not registered in our room and at 6.30am somebody else is trying to get in with a second key. After ringing reception it turns out we are registered to a different room. This also meant housekeeping didn't know we were there!! Organsiation was not a strength of the staff.

As a base fine but would consider other hotels if going again.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear MrmrEm01, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

First off, I arrived early and called and was told I could check in early but when I got there I was told I would have to wait till 12pm even though they had vacancies or pay an extra $69 for being 9hours early. Everyone that works there speaks terrible English. The rooms are old and very outdated. Heat works when it wants to, water comes out green on occasion. Smoking rooms are not cleaned, rooms are very small and cramped. The furniture and fixtures are ratty and broken down. They have no alarm clock, iron boards and microwaves and refrigerators in them. The price is not worth it considering what is available downtown for a few dollars more. When the cleaning ladies are passing by they wake you up with their loud rickety carts. The manager and maintenance care nothing about customer service. Complaining to them is like talking to a brick wall. They do not deserve the Days Inn name compared to my other Days Inn experiences.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear wati2510, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

OK so the hotel isn't the Burj Al-Arab. I can't even say its a great value considering how much less we paid for prime locations in other destinations during the same trip. However, parking's free and its only steps away from the National Mall. Can't say the former about most Washington hotels. Can't say the latter about most Arlington hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear ab87, Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn Arlington for a few days in May. This hotel is a good value for the budget conscience traveler.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!