“Stay elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Melbourne, Australia
“Stay elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

This hotel was the greatest disappointment of our trip throughout the east of America. Pictures on the internet do not reflect the true condition of the rooms, the building and facilities. Do not even consider the double bed room.... everytime my husband or I had to go to the bathroom, it was necessary to breathe in so that the other could get past. The rooms are incredibly small. The station was too far to walk to. Recommend staying closer to the train station which provided easy access to the city tourist sites. One had the feeling of being constantly watched from people hanging about the carpark. Only one dinner option up the road if you don't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Forchheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

The hotel has definitely seen better times, but the rooms are absolutely fine for the money (you can't expect the Hilton at these prices). Maybe too small for US standards, but ok if you're used to hotels in major european cities. The biggest drawback of the hotel is its location, there are no shops/restaurants etc. in the direct vicinity of the hotel.

The staff of the hotel was absolutely wonderful. I was waiting for a package to arrive (but had the problem, that I had only 3 hours until the departure of my return flight to europe). The staff helped me with the online check-in, so I could wait for another half an hour. Of course, in the end the package arrived at the hotel 30 minutes after take-off :-( However, together with the staff, I managed to get the package sent to europe. Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Oh my! We had trouble finding this motel! Yes, we were on highway 50 and the intersection of Pershing Dr. and it wasn't there! We phoned the front desk and were ably assisted by Tarun, the supervisor. He assured us that there was another Pershing further east. Sure enough, here we are!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from 04-07 May. I awoke one morning in June 2010; six weeks after incubation of the bed-bugs with a swelled up and itchy back. My husband actually pulled 2 bed-bug larvae out of my back. The infections disease doctor confirmed that these bugs usually develop due to lack of cleanness.
This hotel has very dirty mattresses that are not spayed, flipped or changed. The carpets are filthy and there is no way to control the AC. The buttons have been removed. I informed the staff about the stay of disrepair, but was offered no refunds or compensation and only a cursory 'apology'.
I will not recommend this place to anybody. The price is outrageous for such a crappy place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

The rates are amazingly affordable given the proximity to DC. The room was safe , clean and also very quiet, despite the fact that it appeared to be almost full. Travel wise its in a good location. Its easy to get to and easy to get to downtown DC from the hotel. The staff , particularily Tarun were very helpful.Everyone was very pleasant and eager to help. I had to change reservations for a subsequent trip and Taran made it quick and easy. Our daughter is beginning college in DC in the Fall and we plan on using this hotel regularly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
tokyo, japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed here with my family and friends this past june. The pictures offered by the hotel are completing misleading. We booked for a double bed room but got a room with a single bed only. When we called once again to book another room, we asked for non-smoking. Guess what, we got a smoking room. The man at the front desk told us he would work on sorting out this matter within thirty minutes. An hour and a half later, the problem is still not solved. Instead, he drank a soda float and chatted with other customers. I am writing this from the computer provided by the hotel. They are trying to make my 5-year old son sleep in a smoke-filled room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

This hotel/motel is badly in need of a refurb, although on the spacious size the rooms are dismal and gloomy, there is however a concierge, unfortunately I didn't get his name, who was probably one of the most helpful and informative guys we came across on our 3 week trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!