“Had a great stay in D.C.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
“Had a great stay in D.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We booked a smaller than normal room with double bed but they didn't have one on the first floor as I had requested so they gave us a double bed room on the first floor for the same price. They let us check in early. Our total cost for this stay for 3 days with tax was $242.00. Check in went smooth, so did check out. The room was old and outdated but very clean. Bathroom had gold tub & tile. the shower had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was excellent. The toilet was too close to the wall which I didn't care for. We could not hear through the walls as some have said. No fan in the bathroom only a window. The room had a coffee pot and free coffee. The lobby also had free coffee. the room also had a desk and 2 chairs and the wireless internet was free and worked just fine. they also had a desk with computer ad free internet in the lobby. We didn't find any bugs or scabies as some have said and I did look. The location is perfect.only an $8 cab ride to the lincoln memorial.The outside could use new paint etc. but they did have plenty of flowers planted. There were security cameras in hotel, parking lot and restaurant. No alarm clock but we use our cell phone anyways. We did not encounter rude staff. Hotel is located right across the Potomac in Arlington, VA. They had a phone to the cab right in the lobby and didn't have to wait long at it. They had a shuttle we rode once which was nice I didn't care much for the subway so we cabbed it. There was no free breakfast but breakfast in the restaurant was good $17 for the 2 of us. Hotel had a nice swimming pool but we never used it but I walked over to it ad it was very clean and clear. There is a pizza and Chinese take out very close by. I didn't think the room was real small like some on here but maybe they booked the smaller than normal room, which I saw one next to me through the window and it also looked nice and clean. the only thing that botheres me was we stayed over Labor Day weekend and they all took labor day off? The housekeepers and the restaurant and bar were closed that day. The hotel seemed to be in a safe area and we didn't have any problem's. some one's car alarm went off but it stopped real quick so they must have set it off. Free parking here. I like a good value but it has to be clean and this was. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The first time we ever visited DC, the last time we stay at this hotel. Smallest, stinkiest room. the water in the showers ran way too hot or way too cold. The hot water was out the last morning there. When we told the manager, she got real nasty with us and even had the gale to go to the room a few hours later to check the water. when it was finally working she said we were lying to get a free room. The only good thing about the hotel..it was acroos the street from my son's Army base.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nashville, Tenn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

If your looking to do DC on a budget then this place is fine. The positives are : its clean and affordable. Negatives: the rooms are small, and you can hear through the walls easily, there arent many restaraunts within walking distance but the few that are are pretty darn good. Arman's pizza and Astor Medittereanean were solid. The closest place to buy beer is a four block walk to a seven eleven. The worst thing is the shuttle van to the metro subway station. It leaves on the hour except at 1 and 2 oclock PM, and will not return for you if they run out of room. The shuttle van runs on the hour from 7 am to 8 pm no exceptions. One would think that their shuttle service would be a point of accomodation considering their faults in other areas. Dont expect overly friendly service or free breakfast of any kind either. They did have a computer in the lobby and free coffee and the staff allowed us to store our bags behind the counter as our flight out wasnt till 8 pm and we went to see a few more sights after the 11am checkout. Again...lookin to save a few dollars and just need a place to crash then your good here.

• Stayed March 2009
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

only stayed one night woke up in the morning to our window being open....NO FEELING OF SECURITY AT ALL....room was GROSS....NEVER EVER AGAIn

• Stayed June 2007
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I got what I paid for.

The Room: The room was clean and had a coffee pot, but very small. The door hit the dresser when I opened it and there wasn't really anywhere to put my suitcase and still be able to open the door. The wireless worked in my room. There was a fair number of channels on the TV.

Customer Service: Left something to be desire. No one was outright rude, but they were very unhelpful. I tried to check in early, and stood at the desk for 15 minutes while she "checked" - that is, stood there, and didn't tell me what was happening. When I called the hotel before getting there to find out if there is a shuttle, whoever answered the phone just said no. When I asked how far they were from the Metro station, he just said "too far to walk". No mention of the shuttle that ran once an hour from the metro station.

The shuttle was nice. It was a little late, but I didn't have to be anywhere, so it wasn't a big deal. There is a takeout Chinese and Italian place across the street.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

A buddy and I were in Arlington for military business and this hotel was in walking distance from Ft. Myer. The room was booked on my credit card, but we were assured that upon departure the bill could be split into two accounts and two credit cards could be used. WHEN we departed we were given excuse after excuse as to why this couldn't be done at that time. Come to find out we were handed LIE after LIE by the hotel staff on this issue and others. Now we're jumping through hoops to get everything reimbursed by the Army. IF YOU'RE MILITARY/GOVERNMENT, DO NOT stay here. They have shown me no desire to help fix the problems.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — The hotel staff.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

There is a free shuttle provided by the hotel available every hour starting from 7 am until 8pm to and from the Rosslyn metro. If the shuttle becomes full they would never go back to get the remaining passengers/ hotel guest. You will end up waiting for the next hour or wait for a bus which arrive with 20-30 minutes interval just across the hotel.

Our hotel room was situated on the second floor. There is no elevator and no one to help you carry our bags. The lobby was simple with a few seating area at the reception and 2 or 3 tables provided for a free coffee drink. We ended up waiting for our check in time of 3pm as the hotel concierge would not allow an early check in.

Our room is just standard in size. There is not much room to place our bags once we open it. The toilet is clean. This hotel does not have a free internet inside the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to access their wi-fi. They also provided a computer station if you don't have a laptop with you- free of charge.

No free breakfast at this hotel.

date stayed: September 23- 24, 2008

Days Inn
2201 Arlington Blvd.,
Arlington, VA 22201
[--]

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!