“WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Georgia
“WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The first time we ever visited DC, the last time we stay at this hotel. Smallest, stinkiest room. the water in the showers ran way too hot or way too cold. The hot water was out the last morning there. When we told the manager, she got real nasty with us and even had the gale to go to the room a few hours later to check the water. when it was finally working she said we were lying to get a free room. The only good thing about the hotel..it was acroos the street from my son's Army base.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nashville, Tenn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

If your looking to do DC on a budget then this place is fine. The positives are : its clean and affordable. Negatives: the rooms are small, and you can hear through the walls easily, there arent many restaraunts within walking distance but the few that are are pretty darn good. Arman's pizza and Astor Medittereanean were solid. The closest place to buy beer is a four block walk to a seven eleven. The worst thing is the shuttle van to the metro subway station. It leaves on the hour except at 1 and 2 oclock PM, and will not return for you if they run out of room. The shuttle van runs on the hour from 7 am to 8 pm no exceptions. One would think that their shuttle service would be a point of accomodation considering their faults in other areas. Dont expect overly friendly service or free breakfast of any kind either. They did have a computer in the lobby and free coffee and the staff allowed us to store our bags behind the counter as our flight out wasnt till 8 pm and we went to see a few more sights after the 11am checkout. Again...lookin to save a few dollars and just need a place to crash then your good here.

• Stayed March 2009
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

only stayed one night woke up in the morning to our window being open....NO FEELING OF SECURITY AT ALL....room was GROSS....NEVER EVER AGAIn

• Stayed June 2007
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I got what I paid for.

The Room: The room was clean and had a coffee pot, but very small. The door hit the dresser when I opened it and there wasn't really anywhere to put my suitcase and still be able to open the door. The wireless worked in my room. There was a fair number of channels on the TV.

Customer Service: Left something to be desire. No one was outright rude, but they were very unhelpful. I tried to check in early, and stood at the desk for 15 minutes while she "checked" - that is, stood there, and didn't tell me what was happening. When I called the hotel before getting there to find out if there is a shuttle, whoever answered the phone just said no. When I asked how far they were from the Metro station, he just said "too far to walk". No mention of the shuttle that ran once an hour from the metro station.

The shuttle was nice. It was a little late, but I didn't have to be anywhere, so it wasn't a big deal. There is a takeout Chinese and Italian place across the street.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

A buddy and I were in Arlington for military business and this hotel was in walking distance from Ft. Myer. The room was booked on my credit card, but we were assured that upon departure the bill could be split into two accounts and two credit cards could be used. WHEN we departed we were given excuse after excuse as to why this couldn't be done at that time. Come to find out we were handed LIE after LIE by the hotel staff on this issue and others. Now we're jumping through hoops to get everything reimbursed by the Army. IF YOU'RE MILITARY/GOVERNMENT, DO NOT stay here. They have shown me no desire to help fix the problems.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — The hotel staff.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

There is a free shuttle provided by the hotel available every hour starting from 7 am until 8pm to and from the Rosslyn metro. If the shuttle becomes full they would never go back to get the remaining passengers/ hotel guest. You will end up waiting for the next hour or wait for a bus which arrive with 20-30 minutes interval just across the hotel.

Our hotel room was situated on the second floor. There is no elevator and no one to help you carry our bags. The lobby was simple with a few seating area at the reception and 2 or 3 tables provided for a free coffee drink. We ended up waiting for our check in time of 3pm as the hotel concierge would not allow an early check in.

Our room is just standard in size. There is not much room to place our bags once we open it. The toilet is clean. This hotel does not have a free internet inside the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to access their wi-fi. They also provided a computer station if you don't have a laptop with you- free of charge.

No free breakfast at this hotel.

date stayed: September 23- 24, 2008

Days Inn
2201 Arlington Blvd.,
Arlington, VA 22201
[--]

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Murfreesboro TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

Went to visit my Marine Corp son in Arlington and booked this room for three days. I usually always read reviews about hotels but didn't this time. Boy did I regret it!!!

Get ready to step back in time. Our room, with a double bed was so small you could hardly get a suitcase and small cooler in there. The bathroom was the size of a walk in closet. This building had to have been built in the 1960s because I haven't seen a tiled shower and sink like that since I lived at my parents house 35 years ago. There is no shelf in the bathroom, just a sink and a tooth brush holder and soap dish. And taking a shower was an adventure because everytime someone flushes the toilet or adjust thier hot and cold water, your water temperature changes. My wife flushed the toilet while I was showering and I almost got scalded. The AC had one setting (cold). The heat was baseboard and it had a hummmmm for some reason every morning.

I would call this place an upscaled Motel 6. When we went to check out we left very early (4 a.m.) to beat the traffic. The front doors were locked so I pressed the buzzer and someone came to let me in who obviously had been awakened from a sound sleep. I told him I was checking out and he looked for my folio and asked if I was going to keep the charge on my credit card and I said yes. He then turned to me and said "everything is OK". I asked him for a receipt and he said the computer was doing something and he couldn't give me one. So I pressed him for something in writing for the total and he gave me a total. I asked him if it included tax and he said no to add 6% or maybe 7% or maybe 10%, he didn't know. So I had to wait for the charge to show up on my credit card statement. And it was OK.

Even though the room was old, small and acient, it was pretty clean. Not exceptional, but liveable. If I was going to stay more than 3 days I probably would have relocated.

They have a restaurant and the breakfast food was reasonable and edible.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Expensive for the quality of the room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!