“You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Ranked #47 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Denver
“You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I got what I paid for.

The Room: The room was clean and had a coffee pot, but very small. The door hit the dresser when I opened it and there wasn't really anywhere to put my suitcase and still be able to open the door. The wireless worked in my room. There was a fair number of channels on the TV.

Customer Service: Left something to be desire. No one was outright rude, but they were very unhelpful. I tried to check in early, and stood at the desk for 15 minutes while she "checked" - that is, stood there, and didn't tell me what was happening. When I called the hotel before getting there to find out if there is a shuttle, whoever answered the phone just said no. When I asked how far they were from the Metro station, he just said "too far to walk". No mention of the shuttle that ran once an hour from the metro station.

The shuttle was nice. It was a little late, but I didn't have to be anywhere, so it wasn't a big deal. There is a takeout Chinese and Italian place across the street.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

A buddy and I were in Arlington for military business and this hotel was in walking distance from Ft. Myer. The room was booked on my credit card, but we were assured that upon departure the bill could be split into two accounts and two credit cards could be used. WHEN we departed we were given excuse after excuse as to why this couldn't be done at that time. Come to find out we were handed LIE after LIE by the hotel staff on this issue and others. Now we're jumping through hoops to get everything reimbursed by the Army. IF YOU'RE MILITARY/GOVERNMENT, DO NOT stay here. They have shown me no desire to help fix the problems.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — The hotel staff.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

There is a free shuttle provided by the hotel available every hour starting from 7 am until 8pm to and from the Rosslyn metro. If the shuttle becomes full they would never go back to get the remaining passengers/ hotel guest. You will end up waiting for the next hour or wait for a bus which arrive with 20-30 minutes interval just across the hotel.

Our hotel room was situated on the second floor. There is no elevator and no one to help you carry our bags. The lobby was simple with a few seating area at the reception and 2 or 3 tables provided for a free coffee drink. We ended up waiting for our check in time of 3pm as the hotel concierge would not allow an early check in.

Our room is just standard in size. There is not much room to place our bags once we open it. The toilet is clean. This hotel does not have a free internet inside the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to access their wi-fi. They also provided a computer station if you don't have a laptop with you- free of charge.

No free breakfast at this hotel.

date stayed: September 23- 24, 2008

Days Inn
2201 Arlington Blvd.,
Arlington, VA 22201
[--]

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Murfreesboro TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

Went to visit my Marine Corp son in Arlington and booked this room for three days. I usually always read reviews about hotels but didn't this time. Boy did I regret it!!!

Get ready to step back in time. Our room, with a double bed was so small you could hardly get a suitcase and small cooler in there. The bathroom was the size of a walk in closet. This building had to have been built in the 1960s because I haven't seen a tiled shower and sink like that since I lived at my parents house 35 years ago. There is no shelf in the bathroom, just a sink and a tooth brush holder and soap dish. And taking a shower was an adventure because everytime someone flushes the toilet or adjust thier hot and cold water, your water temperature changes. My wife flushed the toilet while I was showering and I almost got scalded. The AC had one setting (cold). The heat was baseboard and it had a hummmmm for some reason every morning.

I would call this place an upscaled Motel 6. When we went to check out we left very early (4 a.m.) to beat the traffic. The front doors were locked so I pressed the buzzer and someone came to let me in who obviously had been awakened from a sound sleep. I told him I was checking out and he looked for my folio and asked if I was going to keep the charge on my credit card and I said yes. He then turned to me and said "everything is OK". I asked him for a receipt and he said the computer was doing something and he couldn't give me one. So I pressed him for something in writing for the total and he gave me a total. I asked him if it included tax and he said no to add 6% or maybe 7% or maybe 10%, he didn't know. So I had to wait for the charge to show up on my credit card statement. And it was OK.

Even though the room was old, small and acient, it was pretty clean. Not exceptional, but liveable. If I was going to stay more than 3 days I probably would have relocated.

They have a restaurant and the breakfast food was reasonable and edible.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Expensive for the quality of the room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southern Calfornia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

This hotel was a nightmare. Dirty room, chipped paint, questionable safety, no customer service/rude staff.On my first night there I noticed there was no iron and ironing board. Called the front desk and they said I could come and get one. Okay seriously I know this is not a four star hotel but you cannot even drop off an iron and board? Basically just went downhill from there. Cleaning staff came in while I was in my towel after I literally SCREAMED several times that I was in the room. And they did this each morning around 8am. You absolutely cannot tell me they did not hear me because the walls were paper thin. Second night in I noticed this (paper thin walls) when the people two doors down got into a screaming match and nothing was done about it. The pool was closed but really who wants to swim with a lovely view of a laundrymat and take out Indian food joint in the background? Room was funky smelling and it was the kind of place you do not want to walk barefoot in.

I seriously cannot stress how unhappy I was with this motel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

We took a trip to Washington D.C and booked this hotel online. When we got there, they told us the reservation was only for two people not 4 people, but they would give us a room with two double beds. We booked at six other hotels for this vacation and they were all booked correctly. So, first thing we get there our remote doesn't work for our TV. It's the wrong remote!! It doesn't even match the brand of TV in our room. Then, there is NO HOT WATER for the shower. NONE! We were scheduled to stay here five nights, but after two nights, we checked out and went down the street a little ways to a nicer hotel in Falls Church, VA. It was still on Arlington Blvd, but it was a much nicer location. My stay at this hotel ruined my time in Washington D.C. and because of this, I will never stay in a Days Inn ever again, no matter where it is. The staff was rude to us when we complained about the lack of hot water. I have travelled to foreign countries and still always had hot water! This place is the absolute worst hotel I have ever been to and I hope noone makes a mistake by staying there.

• Liked — I didn't like anything at all about it.
  • Disliked — The lack of hot water and the treatment we received.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Avoid at all costs. Air conditioning did not work and with just 2 days to see city did not expect to spend hours waiting for repairman or move to another room.

Continental breakfast (as advertised) did not exist. They offered a granola bar ! They had what they called apple juice but it was just pure water !

On first night gangs of youths congregating in the car park giving a very threatening feel..

Reception staff need to be fired and replaced by people with ability.

Room itself was basic. Very basic, and for the cost not worth it.

They advertise free newspapers but I could find none available.

The Days Inn group should revoke the franchise. These guys dont deliver service or satisfaction.

Did I mention the insects ?

When things start going wrong you get to notice all manner of problems.... and this Days Inn provides all those opportunities. Yes insects. And sheets that obviously were not ironed... could they have been reused from a previous customer? Will they be reused for the next customer - unwashed, unironed?

reviewer,
Ireland

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Very low standards all around
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!