“Convenient re transport to station” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

You added Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft Myer, Arlington, VA 22201   |
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Convenient re transport to station”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights while on vacation. Perhaps a poor choice but the availability of a free shuttle service to Roslynn metro station from 07:00 to 20:00 was a great drawcard. Just remember that the shuttle departs next to the filling station (below the church) opposite the station. The receptionist didn't seem to know where exactly the shuttle departs when I phoned upon arrival at the station (and also overhearing his directions when another guest phoned later during the week). Availability of computer from where I could read and answer my mail a great advantage. The room was a dissapointment (Room 212). Supposed to be smoke free but bad smoke smell inside. Then I realised that the smoke came through the bathroom window from outside. This prevented me from ventilating the room naturally (fresh air) as I couldn't open the front window due to traffic noise and security reasons. I couldn't get the air conditioner to push out cool air. The mattress was an inner-spring with a base underneath but very soft, however. The blanket was of a nylon type and very sticky - created a dirtyimpression. I reported it but it was not replaced. I slept under the sheet only. I managed to get a good night's sleep. Water reticulation good and no temperature problems experienced. Enough clean towels. Breakfast satisfactory for this kind of hotel - the first hotel where boiled eggs are available.

Room Tip: Make sure to inspect the room before accepting.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel you will ever stay in. The hotel is from the 50s and is literally falling apart. They have made no effort at all to keep the place modern or kept up. The wallpaper is peeling, the carpet is musty, the sidewalks are heavily cracked, the paint is peeling. The breakfast consists of hard bread, coffee, and donuts. Nothing more. The cheapest rooms are tiny and can sleep only one person. They are about the size of a large closet. The TV did not turn on. The bathroom was tiny, and only one person could fit at a time. They had no AC and the heater was a very old type that barely worked. After 30min, I went to the front desk and demanded a refund. The manager (Dev) refused the refund because I had paid online. I called the online booking company and they would only give a refund if the hotel manager agreed. The runaround... After complaining and having a whole list of complaints (in only 30min), the manager decided to upgrade us to a nicer room. He was not happy about doing this and continuously stated that we were getting a $20 upgrade for free. I went and looked at the second room ,and it was indeed a lot bigger. It still had maintenance issues. When the shower is turned on, water would run into the room on the other side of the shower, obvious plumbing leaks. On the second day, the toilet stopped when I flushed it. It overflowed and would not stop. It finally stopped overflowing, but it had flooded the room, and all the carpet was soaked. I immediately called the front desk and told them to send someone immediately. The lady said there was no one available and she would send them at 8am. We left and came back that night. The toilet was fixed, but the room was still terribly wet. We went to the front desk and got another room. There is a shuttle service that runs every hour, but it simply drops people off outside a gas station in the city. The driver drives terribly and recklessly. I could go on and on about this hotel, but it would be a waste. The hotel owner obviously does not care, and spends as little money as possible. Maybe someone will come along later and sue them. I was lucky, because I arrived a few days early for a conference. After 3 days in this hotel, I moved to the conference hotel (a 5 star). What a huge difference!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was because I screwed up and reserved on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday. The front desk person though was nice enough to give me a room when I arrived at the same price.

However, I was given the room next door to the housekeeping room. The sound of their door slamming shut was so loud and occurred every 5 minutes. The shower stall is REALLY tiny being that the bathroom is also really small. Still...no bed bugs and it seemed clean-ish. If it wasn't for the courtesy and friendliness of the front desk, I would give this hotel only 1 star but I can't be mean about it because the price was REALLY cheap.

If anything, I would give a recommendation. If this hotel spent maybe 200K and updated the rooms and amenities, they could charge much more because the location is really choice. I hope they decide to do that because the location and staff were great. The rooms themselves however...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Woodburn, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to the 2013 Presidential Inauguration and reserved the room for four days. The rate for the four days was like $900.00. We figured that the rate would be higher because of when we were going. We checked in and of course did a bedbug check didn't find any "suprisingly". Did however see that the mattress are all torn up and the floors and walls are just nasty dirty and the bathroom floor was sticky whenyou walked on it with your shoes on(Gross). I immediatly got on theiPad and looked for another place to stay and noticed the room I was in was now selling for $54.95 per night, yeah $54.95 thats like $275.00 for four nights. We felt like it was just a matter of time before the crew from the show COPS would be showing up for a bust. Fortunatly I did get a room at the Marriott a mile down the street. Although we lost the $900 for the prepaid Days Inn it was well worth the extra grand at the Marriott for our safety and security of our belongings. Maybe this is the original Days Inn and thats why it's so old.

Room Tip: Stick with the brands that never dissappoint like Marriott and Hilton.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! Staff is not friendly, the rooms are very out-dated, the wifi never works, and the cable TV goes in and out! The worst part is that there were BEDBUGS! I went to the front desk and showed them pictures of the bites. The front desk person gave us a new room and told us that we would get compensation. However when the manager finally got back to us, he said there would be no compensation until he called the exterminator. Still waiting for him to get back to us. Please avoid this hotel at all costs. Our inauguration weekend was completely ruined by this hotel. Please do yourself a favor a find a different place when visiting D.C.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hornell, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were in town for the Inauguration and the staff didn't seen to think that this was a big deal at all. No increase in Shuttle service and they were amazed that they had to do more than one run in the morning. We had reservations for Four and there were only two towels. Each day we had to get two more. Each day they seemed amazed that we needed them. If you just need a place to sleep with absolutely no bells or whistles then this is your place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC? Share your experiences!