“Hip Hangout” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lyon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Near Clarendon Metro on Orange Line
Arlington, Virginia
“Hip Hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Been to Lyon Hall multiple times for lunch and dinner. Food is great but some what of a short menu. Great for lunch, but its a popular hangout for happy hour (with many outstanding beers on tap) which creates a packed restaurant for dinner.

This is a great casual restaurant to hangout for a good meal and brew.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Denver, Colorado
“Very poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Dear Lyon Hall, I am so sorry I did not look hip enough or trendy enough. Maybe it was my children (ages 14 and 11) who were too well-behaved? Maybe we weren't dressed exactly right? I am really at a loss why we were ignored and scowled at during our lunch in your nearly-empty space. Even though our group of 6 obviously wanted to spend a ton of money, you treated us like we did not exist. I would be more forgiving if the food were better - the portions are generous but average. My daughter's steak was inedible. Not that we could stop you to tell you that - it literally looked like you were running past our table with your ears closed. And the kicker was the ice cream that came with the kid's meal - that never showed up. The spoons showed up. No ice cream. After waiting about 10 minutes we walked out and you didn't even notice. Next time I will pick a different place to spend my money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Terrific, affordable brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My go-to brunch in Arlington now: $9-13, diverse menu, delicious and creative. The omelettes and eggs benedict are incredible, and OH MY, the brussels sprouts! Really top-notch drinks too.

Visited March 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Perfect for Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking for Sunday brunch with just a hint of Alsace-Lorraine, then this is it. Great beer list and daytime cocktails. We ate at the bar, but the service was still attentive and friendly. While my dish could have used a bit more seasoning, it was quite good. Atmosphere is sophisticated but casual with brasserie tables and chairs; original floors and large classic black & white photographs on the wall.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Tastes Buds Won't be Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last Friday, we decided last minute to dine in Arlington and we were able to get reservations at Lyon Hall in Arlington. We are so thrilled that we did. The food was awesome. My wife had the pork schnitzel and I had the bratwurst. My wife said it was the best meal she had for a long time. The bratwurst was presented well and deeply satisfied my taste buds. We can't wait to go back. Prices run from 17 to 30 dollars. The proportions of food were just right. The atmosphere was pleasant but just a little noisey. The restaurant is in the Clarendon area of Arlington. It is worth your visit!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere