“Great Mussels” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 654 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Near Clarendon Metro on Orange Line
Charlotte, nc
“Great Mussels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a great spot to try amazing Belgian beers. Excellent choices. Their mussels come with a choice of preparations. We tried the Alsatian & Hofbrau. Each was delicious with plenty of mussels in each pot. No sand, just deliciousness. You might also consider the doughnut appetizer as dessert. A tray of 4 different homemade warm tender doughnuts are amazing. Kinda sweet for an appetizer though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Sewell, NJ
“Wonderful Easter Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First time here. We were visiting our son who is a surgical resident nearby. Starting with the 4 donuts, they were amazing! Everything was good but the skate I had was great.

Arlington, VA
“Excellent Service and Unique Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

First let me say that our server, Rebecca, was outstanding. She was lovely, gracious and provided excellent service without being intrusive. Overall the food was good too but I had a couple of "misses." They had a nice wine list consisting of mostly French varietals and also an extensive beer list. We ordered the soft baked pretzels to start and they were a huge hit. Came with some sort of cheese dip (to die for!) and 2 flavored butters/spreads. We also ordered salads to start. I'm a big salad eater and these were wonderful! The garden salad had carrots, radishes and other veggies and it was lightly dressed in a tangy but light lemon vinaigrette. My husband ordered fish and he loved it and my mother ordered the Lingurian(?) sausages. She liked her sausages but said the potatoes Lyonnaise were drenched in grease. I ordered the Bratwurst and when they came to the table they were barely browned off and pink inside. I mentioned this to the server and she said it was supposed to be this way and it was pink because of the nitrates. Well I didn't argue with her and I tried to eat it but I'm sorry, this just wasn't cooked thoroughly. I told her I really couldn't eat it. She asked if I wanted something else so I just ordered the Charcuterie platter with rillettes and salami. The salami was yummy but the rillettes were just gross. I know what rillettes are supposed to look like but this just looked and tasted like spam and clear jelly mixed together to make an unpalatable mush. And the platter was served with some very unappetizing pickled veggies. I didn't complain but clearly she could see I didn't care for the charcuterie either. Have never had an experience where I didn't like 2 dishes at one meal. Well when the bill came she had taken both the bratwurst & charcuterie off the bill and I didn't even ask her to! Nice touch. It's service like this that makes you come back to a restaurant and I will. I think the bratwurst just wasn't done to my liking and the charcuterie just poorly executed but clearly they have other unique items on the menu that they do well. Am anxious to explore other options. Liked the atmosphere too. It was lively without being too loud.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, Ohio
“Good food and superior service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've eaten here many times on our DC travels. I've always enjoyed my food and had great service. The last trip there, February 2013, we hosted a rehearsal dinner upstairs and I really can not say enough, how wonderful they were. We were a group of 30 and they really went above and beyond, the food and service were both excellent and we all left very full and very happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“Really great food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten many times at this historic site in Clarendon.
Mark Fedorchak is the consummate restauranteur.
On Sundays he is ever-present at the brunch making sure all is perfect, but in a "feel good" and "you are important" way.
The meats are delicious and the eggs superb.
The donuts, well you must try them to understand.
Great staff completes the experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere