“Nice Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lyon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Near Clarendon Metro on Orange Line
Herndon, Virginia
“Nice Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We ate at Lyon Hall mid afternoon on Sunday and were able to enjoy their brunch selections (at the last minute). The service was great and the food was very very good. It was a relaxed Sunday afternoon crowd, the table area was quiet, there were more people at the bar, but I would not say it was noisy. When we visit Arlington, we will definitely eat here again for dinner, lunch or brunch.

• Visited January 2013

78% Recommend
“Enjoyed it Thoroughly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very different kind of restaurant - a bit noisy, but the food is very very good- very eclectic and non-standard menu. The selection of beers is pehnomenal, and overall adds to the fun of the evening. Our waitress was great! Really helped us make selections and added tremendously to the overall enjoyment of the evening. We are looking forward to returning soon!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Happy 4-7”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I tried out this spot while close by in Arlington. The menu was varied with several Bavarian/German/Hungarian dishes. The beer and wine selections are above average and each day at Happy Hour a couple of each are featured at a reduced price.
My friend and I each had an imported beer and shared appetizers. The Spaetzle and home made Mini Franks were delicious.
The atmosphere is warm and inviting and it is easy to carry on a conversation at the tables. The bar gets full pretty quickly, so plan to get there as early as possible.
If you arrive early enough you may even be able to park right out in front on Washington!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Mussels!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I love mussels and theirs are great. A good and inexpensive French restaurant. We don't have a French restaurant in our area so we like to find a good one when we're traveling.

New Jersey
“Good French Brasserie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Lyon Hall is located about two blocks from the Clarendon metro station.

I have been here many times, since Lyon Hall first opened a couple of years ago. It is the same owner as the nearby Liberty Tavern, which I also like. As you may know I love French and Continental cuisine.

Lyon Hall is a bustling brasserie in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington, VA. Clarendon is my favorite area in NoVA. They serve classic French brasserie and old style German cuisine, featuring mostly locally sourced produce, fish, and meats. Lyon Hall prepares their own baked bread, house-cured charcuterie, and handcrafted cheeses on a daily basis. They offer 23 draft beers including some of my favorites and over 50 brands of beer in bottles.

In the warmer summer months you can eat outside curbside, but, that was not the case today due to the fall cool temps and prior rain.

My original dinner party of 6 had a reservation at 7:30, but, since my Delta flight was delayed from JFK I postponed my reservation from 7:30 to 8:30. Big mistake. All said I was able to arrive to Lyon Hall at my original reservation time of 7:30. Most of my party also arrived by 7:45, but, now we had to wait a good 45 minutes for our table to be available. I kept on checking with the front attendant. Finally our table was available downstairs (my favorite prime area adjacent to the bar area) a little after 8:30. Because of our circumstances the manager arranged their famous much adored home made pretzels with assorted sauces including my favorite mustard sauce.

I had previously looked online at the dinner menu. I had my heart set on their Lobster Tagliatelle with sauce américaine, grilled fennel, tarragon for only $25, but, it was not on tonights dinner menu. Disappointment. So I settled on their less costly seared diver scallops with petite lentils, swiss chard, smoked vanilla bean, preserved lemon sauce for only $23. The four scallops were excellent, but, I wish I had two more or a total of six. Well so much for only $23. I walked away unsatisfied, but, healthy.

Lyon Hall service is above average as usual. Tonight was no different. Our birthday girl was the only one to order dessert. Some of the rest ordered after dinner drinks. We were all happy with our dinners. I will return despite some minor imperfections. You get what you pay for.

• 4 of 5 stars Food